If your coming from Tokyo, a bus tour with these people is cheaper than staying in the car. Hit on the gekiyasu button under top

http://www.shikiclub.co.jp/

The 2 nights accom + return bus from Kanto + 2 lift passes (inc nighta) at Kashimayari for 8000 yen one is incredible.

*DISCLAIMER* Just passing on something I saw on a bulletin board for you non-Japanese reading folks. Nothing to do with me. If there are others or these people are dodgy, post the info for the people!

I like my van!

Mogski, on route 147 into the Hakuba valley, it's on yer left as you come out of the last in a series of tunnels, not far passed Aoki lake. It's about 6 km from Hakuba village, just passed the 'high point' of the pass.

p.s. NO IDLING!!!

If I give you this and you dont already know about it I expect a thank you.

Since Happo has the ski jumps the parking there is free and you can ski doen to your car at the end of the day. dont tell too many people. Beside the big ski jumps near the big stairs only free parking at Happo, that I know of. Nice and dark but no tolets anymore.

Ps bring a shovel for snowy days to get out.

Last year Sims' adverts had a pic of Kurt Wastell (?) grinding one of the rails of those stairs with the jumping stadium in the background.

On some of the road signs and the promotional t-shirts, it's written as "Hakuba Jumping Studium". My brother bought a t-shirt without noticing, but was well pleased when I told him.

Happo has a free car park on that side as Fattwins says. The one I know is not the jumping stadium's car park, but that one might be open too. There is a public toilet 100m up from the hill from the jumping stadium car park in another little car park. Dunno if its open in winter.

Has anyone been on one of those "Shikiclub" coach trips. Looking at the site the deal seems too good to be true:

9500 twin sharing and two days on the slopes, inclduing coach to Hakuba, ski pass one day, hotel, dinner and breakfast. Obviously the hotel is not going to be exactly luxury four star but for the price..... So what's the catch - enforced group boarding, flag following or compulsory Katsu curry between 1200 and 1300 hours with a packet of Mild Seven for dessert?