If you're a skier, probably the 2 extreme points of the plces (Okushiga and Yakebitaiyama & Yokoteyama/Kumanoyu). If you're a boarder, the Yakebitaiyama-middle part will be where you're at. Probably. I prefer Hakuba or Nozawa.

hey Powers..sent you a couple of messages about the board, dont know if you got them,mate I'm as keen as,just drop me a line and tell me one way or another if it's still up for grabs..dude just send me an email..cheers monggy!

What's the deal with Shiga Kogen? Is it possible to board in several different resorts without lots of walking or driving about?

I went to Ryuo once which is Kita Shiga, but I didn't notice any particular link up with anywhere else. Can somebody who knows enlighten me? brit-gob?

Ryou and Kita Shiga is not connected to Shiga Kogen, and not counted as Shiga Kogen. They are on the other side of the hill from Okushiga and Yakebitaiyama which is the most northern part of what is known as Shiga Kogen

I'm sorry to be so persistent about this, but what's the advantage to all this choice? Can you start somewhere, cruise through several resorts and then get back to where you started? All without walking?

Can anybody recommend a good map of this linkedness?