No worries mate.

I just posted the warehouse a letter (some special time-delivery thing) asking them to send me a Burton CustomX board or something instead of the gear I ordered. I don't know if I'll hear from them or not, but my Japanese friend seems to think it is the best thing to do.

I've been asking all my friends if they know anyone in Saitama but no luck so far...

Good luck with your car - I can imagine how much of a headache it would be!

Thanks for your help. I'll post again if something arrives on my doorstep!

Cheers Guys for this information about the warehouse. I ordered 60000yen worth of gear in sept, then got the usual fob off letters. I have written two emails in english and 2 in japanese to both rodeomaster and also Rakuten who were the original siteholders and got no reply. I have also written a letter to lifelines at the japan times which sometimes deal with problems relating to life here. Nothing yet but heres hoping.

I have one question though. Is Rakuten liable becos they were the original site holder?.

cheers guys

Cheers Guys for this information about the warehouse. I ordered 60000yen worth of gear in sept, then got the usual fob off letters. I have written two emails in english and 2 in japanese to both rodeomaster and also Rakuten who were the original siteholders and got no reply. I have also written a letter to lifelines at the japan times which sometimes deal with problems relating to life here. Nothing yet but heres hoping.

I have one question though. Is Rakuten liable becos they were the original site holder?.

cheers guys

Hi uggggllllyyyy

Yahoo is hosting them now and Yahoo has a disclaimer stating that they are not responsible for anyone or anything that happens if you shop there.

Are you thinking about visiting the warehouse?

Quote:
Originally posted by uggggllllyyyy:
Is Rakuten liable becos they were the original site holder?.

That's one of the things that really pissed me off about this crap. Rakten advertise that shopping with them is safe and hassle free and they stand behind all their sellers. Back in October when the problem first surfaced Rakten promptly booted Rodeomaster so they wouldn't have to deal with angry customers. Avoiding responsibility is a pretty standard thing here.

If you live in Tokyo the best thing to do is go out to the warehouse with you order recipt and get your gear.

Apparently they are a registered company but they went bankrupt at the end of last year. This means the police can't pursue a 'fraud' case against them. All you can do is write them a letter.

The Police are now investigating where all the money went from their accounts (bank and post office).

Hiya Danjp,

Cheers for the info on Rakuten. I am planning on hiring a car and visiting them with some other big mates and a baseball bat (only joking.....although?!?!). I was wondering if anyone had the address of the warehouse in Saitama. Just a postcode will do cos i can check on mapfanweb. I am sorry if this info has been posted before and I have just been blind and missed it.

Cheers for now

Uggggllllyyyy

The address is 543 Minami Kawasaki Yashio-shi Saitama-ken. It's just up the street from Yashio-Minami High School.

Good luck. Make sure you take your recipt/order number and be nice. The guys at the warehouse are all just part-time employees and are just trying to do their job.

DOUGY!!!!......You are a star and if I ever meet you then you are in serious danger of getting a big wet sloppy one on the forehead!!.

Went to RODEOMASTERS warehouse in Saitama (Actually only just into saitama) and you are right they were very nice. Showed them my order email/number/gaijin card too and payment receipt and they gave me all my gear (board, bindings, boots and bag).... no problems.

If you are still waiting on stuff then I recommend going to the warehouse because they had bucket loads of stuff there. They do appear to be packing the gear up ready for sending out but they are in no hurry and its very laid back to say the least!. In fact there is even a sign looking for staff at 900yen an hr if anyone is interested. So if you want to wait then you might have to wait a while.

If anyone needs maps/bus directions etc etc then I can post them here.

Once again Dougy, cheers.

Off to try my new gear on the slopes on tom. national holiday.

Cheers for now

UGGGGLLLLLYYYY

I got a complete refund today! I couldn't believe it. The cops rang my friend and said they had contacted the owner who promised to fix me up. I just asked for my money back and they transferred it into my account the very next day. I am very happy now. \:\)

• 11 months later...