Price of food in Niseko/Japan Checklist for first time travellers to Japan

I am going to Niseko alone and it is kinda last minute that i am going. I haven't investigated the price of food in Japan. But i hear it is way more expensive than Aussieland....so yeah... can anyone help me on what they will think i will need for 15 days for food etc??? or approx how much is each meal ?? Would it be advisable to bring some muchies from Oz??

Another question What gear will i need for Japan beside the obvious, thermals, polar fleece vest, jacket and pants towels and the accessories. My skis etc..... 3-4 jumpers and underwear. Any hints?

depends on how much you are willing to spend...

you could easily survive on instant ramen, nigiri (rice balls) and other convient store snacks...if you are staying in a place that lets you cook, then you can even spicen up your menu with curry, or pasta, or whatever suits your fancy...beer is also pretty cheap at the conbini...you could easily do 3meals/day for under 2000yen...

if you want to sample some japanese food, check out some of the Izakaya in town (bang bang and big cliff are good)...there you can drop 3000-4000yen on food and drink...and you will be satisfied and buzzed...or, ramen shops are another cheaper and good alternative...

stay away from the mountain eateries...pricey and not that great...carry a sandwhich instead...

oh yah...its freakin cold in hokkaido...bring a face mask for those deep powder days!

danz

If you can make it to a good 100yen shop in a big town you'll be able to get things like instant ramens, pasta sauce, pasta, tuna, chips, packets of biscuits, curry boil in the bag etc for 100 yen.