Any recommendations on beaches in Niigata?

We went to a place called Kakudahama on Saturday and it was pretty good. Its about 30km west of Niigata City. There was hardly anyone there, and it's a sandy beach with very clear water and a little lighthouse on an outcrop at the end of the bay. Lovely sunset over Sado Island too. We know the Itiogawa/Nou end of Niigata quite well, but it was much nicer than the beaches there. We went there along 402 from Niigata City and it looked like it was sandy most of the way along.

Yeah we went to a beach near Murakami, was very nice and the sea was warm and clean.

I forgot the exact spot, but it was very nice that is north west Niigata not so far from Yamagata so not sure if that is too far for you of course.

I had to look it up, but yeah, its just before Yahiko going from Niigata City. Teradomari on the other side of Yahiko has a beach too, but we've only been to the touristy row of seafood places at the port there.

A little google came up with this place called Sasagawa up by Murakami. The scenery looks pretty good!

img_0909.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We went to up Itogawa and followed the coast west to Ouzo a month ago and we stop at this beach which had a port on the western side. What I was impressed with was the clean state of the beach compared tp Usumi on the east side of the Izu pen where I been living for the last 3 months. But it was a stone beach with no sand at all. The local are so impress with the stone beach they dedicated and stone museum on the foreshore under the new Shinkensen line. I did not see any beach with sandy at all. We should turn right at Itogawa off 148 route. By the way on the way back along 148 I stop at my favourite shop in Japan and score a old plate embossed with gold and silver of and plum tree in bloom. I pick it up for Y 1500.