addicts,

due to a last minute drop out, danz and I are out to recruit for our so far very well planned trip to Hakkouda from 1 Jan to 5 Jan.

Check this out:

"There is only two words required to summarize Hakkouda. Abso-blo ody-lutely awesome! I am sold on the place - I'm ready to book my tickets again for next year and tell my boss I'm gone for a week. This place is snowboarding heaven."

source: http://jellycan.com/japan/020316-hakkouda/

if that aint enough, try this:

"One word : UNIQUE……. Hakkoda defies being slotted into the category of neon inflicted, J-POP blaring, groomed Japanese skijoo."

source: http://www.skijapanguide.com/2002/features/general-46.html

Picture yourself here:

derekinthesnowmonsters.jpg

The problem with new years snow holidays is that they are crowded. Well, perhaps the mainstream joints. But at Hakkouda there is only one way up the mountain - the ropeway. It takes 100 people per trip and runs only 4 times per hour. That means in any given hour there is no more than 400 people making their way down this ungroomed powder mecca where you can slide where ever you damn well like.

We are going by car so it is a great chance to take in the amazing scenery as you make your way north from Tokyo and also to engage in a conbini road trip... 7/11, Lawsons, ampm, Family Mart! You will visit them all on the way up AND on the way back. Accomodation is arranged (but not free, sorry).

Look, this is a great forum and a great place to talk the talk, but danz I offer you a chance to walk the walk in a place unique to japan. So pull the finger out, stop thinking about hitting the snow and jump at this chance to do it.

Danz and I are great blokes with really funny stories. You will have a good time.

db

Hang on, look at this. Where are the ski patrol? the ropes and groomed courses? Oh hang on, this is a picture of Hakkouda back country.

backcountry-big.jpg

db, id love to go @ another time..definately! cant go in the new year but if you or danz are organising another trip before the end of march, count me in. im heading to hakuba from the 2nd to 6th with some friends, teaching my girlfriend to board, but would love to ride the bc up there. keep my informed and i'll look fwd to the update freom this trip.

enjoy the pow.

sorry man, my girlfriend only saw snow for the first time 2 weeks ago when it snowed in tokyo. ive been trying to get her to come to the snow since august when it was to hot and i was dreaming of snow. any other time and the signature is true.

i love powder especially when there are no crowds and Hakkouda looks insane..i will definately be up for any powder trip just circumsatnces prevent me from joining you this time.