SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
littleJ

padding for snowboarding

my kids are doing snowboarding for the first time this year and hubby reckons you can get padding for your bottom!! is he having a go at me or is it true??

Its true. My gf wears padded shorts, elbow pads and wrist guards.

Got them on ebay from korea for about 40 clams.

good idea when you're learning and stacking a lot, "paying your dues"... would also recommend knee pads

thanks guys!

great to here he's being serious for once

so what are they called and do you buy them separately and just place them there or are they already inserted in clothing??

We bought a kit and it had everything you need. Ill be in japan next week so I will check the brand

I've seen these in the shops, most sports shops sell them when they have there winter stock in. think long bike shorts with pieces of padding inserted, and long or short sleeved T-shirts with padding.

mOQ2Eh8IfMlTsuRlA4xyiNw.jpg

$(KGrHqN,!hkE0fey6Q9+BN(wh(Zd9Q~~0_35.JPG

I still wear knee pads as it keeps my joints warm my wife had good padding when she was learning but would recommend shorts although she needs to pick a cheek to fall on, similar to roller derby skaters. A soft helmet will also help although these seem hard to get hold of most helmets are hard

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.