It is my last day in Osaka before I fly out to Sydney tonight. I thought I should take some photos, so I went for a walk up Shinsekai, Kuromon Markets, then around to Namba and back down Den-Den town to Shin-Imamiya.

gallery_9395_338_113764.jpg

View from my hotel window this morning. It is pretty cheap in the Shin-Imamiya area. My hotel cost me 1600Yen per night. It is basic but quite sufficient for my needs. At Shinsekai there are lots of izakaya and around lunch time the lineups get a bit long.

gallery_9395_338_134524.jpg

Kuromon Markets.

gallery_9395_338_32186.jpg

Some crabs in a box. Ready to be sold and eaten.

gallery_9395_338_171362.jpg

Film crew shooting a chef cooking some meat. Kuromon markets.

• Like 1

Did you find it quite warm after Hokkaido? I remember doing a trip down Kyoto in Spring and feeling really warm and everyone else was rugged up like it was mid winter!

1400 looks like a good price for those crabs there.

The black dots are parasites that only attach to the tastiest crabs, so the vendors leave them on and remove after you buy it.

Did you get any?

• 2 weeks later...

mick it was 31 degrees the other day.

yeah, shih-imamiya is really cheap. for 1600 yen you get a small room with futons, tatami mats, and tv. its reasonable.

at Hotel Taiyo you get aircon for 2100 yen. and a western bed. and tv. the rooms are pretty small but adequate.

• 4 weeks later...

1400 looks like a good price for those crabs there.

The black dots are parasites that only attach to the tastiest crabs, so the vendors leave them on and remove after you buy it.

Did you get any?

Whoa! Looks so scary to eat but look so yummy too! Wish I could get there soon. @_@