Just had a coupla great days out WEST here at Mizuho - and it's going to bucket down the next few days - powder that is. So all you other West living souls, forget the North, forget the Central and get out there.

RACH - did you say before you lived in Hiroshima and have never slid the local slopes? If so you better git back here quick and taste the sweet stuff - icing sugar. ;\)

Takamatsu....northern side of Shikoku island. Don't think you'll find much ridable white stuff in the area.

I visited the GF's family in Shikoku at New Year and managed to sneak off to Ishizuchi for a day. Apparently this place is one of the biggest in the Shikoku area (Ehime Pref) and it had two runs going down the same side of a mountain with one double chair. After just returning from 4 days at Niseko for Christmas it was what you may call a tad disappointing.

Yep Antonio - you're right there, not much in Shikoku, although I occasionally get a fix at Ikawa in Tokushima to save me until the "bigger" stuff.

But Hiroshima & Shimane are very different to here and definitely worth the trouble if you live this way. And so far - what a sweet season. \:\)