Fukdane,

St. Anton is an excellent resort and late february is probably the best time to go there.

I think the place has only a couple of flaws:

1) accomodation is ****** expensive, especially if you are staying in the center of the village.

2) most of the courses are for expert skiers/boarders only. Well, not expert, but... let's say that the average level is medium/high. If you're travelling with beginners, this can be a problem.

Other than that, you can't go wrong with St. Anton. The snow rocks and the after-ski is good (there are several nice pubs around, usually crowded with english tourists... St Anton is incredibly popular with people from UK and Germany).

I beg your pardon, Sir.

If you'd ever go to St Anton, may I suggest booking a suite at the hotel Hospiz. At 583 euro (73.000 yen) per night, I'm sure you can "stay in style" there... ;\)

Quote:
I think you will find lots of people (NOT ME, I MAY ADD) that will gladly pay that much money for a night of luxury.
Yeah, especially on this board. I mean, we see billions of threads with subjects like "any suggestion for a 5stars hotel in Hokkaido?" or "any idea for a nouvelle cuisine restaurant in the Nagano area?". C'mon. I see people discussing how expensive skiing/boarding really is, trying to find the cheapest spots to eat/sleep decently, searching for ideas to heat up the van for sleeping in...

Fukdane wanted to know if anybody has been to St Anton. Cool. I've been there several times and accomodation there is expensive. One of the most expensive resorts in Europe, definitely. I'm sure a lot of people would like to know if the place they are going to is expensive or not.

Just different from you, apparently. \:\)

So you think that expats with 2 kids and the huge wallets will be hanging round a forum to find out where to stay for 2000 yen. Me thinks not somehow \:\)

It seems some people want cheap.

Some people want expensive

Some people want middle of the road.

We are all different.

We are friends.

Sounds like an English textbook doesn't it!

\:\)