• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi!   Aside from overpriced restaurants n stuff? fyi, smoking is allowed in many restaurants from 9pm ish, my burning eyes really puts me off my appetite. youll need to book if you want to eat at

Just back from Niseko, and I might add you might also want to brush up on bus etiquette. Niseko is in the countryside, and the local bus uses an old-style pay system. It is pretty simply actually... y

Snow board Onsen (wash before you go in) Drink Eat Sleep and do again

Mmmm Manky old rentals.... sounds too delightful to miss out on...... I have set aside a day or two to get acclimatised, purchase boots and source a flat iron that works on 110V ... Maybe they will do a deal with boots and ski's... although Manky old rentals doesn't do much for me I am afraid....

2 weeks and in there! Can't wait!

So I'm in the process of getting my cash together. I'm putting some money in a MasterCard travel card, with yen loaded on it.

But I also need to get about $2000 in cash to take with me.

Should I get all larger notes like 10000 and 5000 yen? Or get smaller aswell?

People don't mind giving change from 10000 yen notes.

Well maybe not good for a 100 yen can of coffee. But you shouldn't be buying those anyway! ;)

Sweet money sorted. Now to sort out the things i plan to do.

A lot of snowboarding of course.

But is there any day trips or local things i should check out or do?

Snowmobiling? or any other things?

Also with heading to the onsens. I have a terrible feeling my partner,she just won't be able to do it hahaha. Very shy.

Is there a place that you can book a private onsen or hot tub in the Grand Hirafu village?