As the title states peeps!

At some point I'm going to want to bring the gopro with me to the local slopes, and definitely If I travel around the prefecture. I have a few gopros and want to get a telescoping pole mount, but wanted to get some advice from forum members on what works for them. I'd like to buy with in Japan if at all possible and my price range is about 4000¥ max. Did a quick search and didn't seen anyone talking about specific brands, or places to shop. I tried looking on rakuten as well but I'm not sure what they're called and google translate only gets me so far :lol:

Thanks

I got a telescopic pole hiking pole near the snowboard shop in Tokyo for ¥2000. I just put some weights at the other end to counterbalance it. Works a treat and when the battery goes dead can chuck it my backpack

I found a few things online for between 5000¥ and 2000¥. But I think I'll hold off until I can look in some actual stores. Either way it seems you need to buy and adapter for the gopro. Its worth it in the long run. If I die in a snowdrift on Hakkoda-san, I can at least shoot a few selfies before I freeze. :lol:

You want a 'Big U-shot 2.0' from the company 'xsories'. Awesome telescopic pole but will run you around 5000 yen from rakuten.

I'll look into it, thanks!

just use any extendable ski pole + mountain bike handle adapter.

probably dont even need the extendable pole if you ski, just clamp it onto your normal ski pole.

I snowboard. And the gopro needs a different kind of mount. No normal tripod screw hole. And you want to keep it in it's case.

If you're buying a pole of sorts, one idea might be to buy collapsible poles you can also use for hiking and skinning up. My info is very old, but BD flicklock ones used to be the ones to buy.

I use an extendable pole that I got from homac in kutchan for about 800 yen.

Silver pole, blue handle, light, strong and long enough to get more than just your face in the frame

Know this works as seen the evidence and price is very reasonable.

If you're buying a pole of sorts, one idea might be to buy collapsible poles you can also use for hiking and skinning up. My info is very old, but BD flicklock ones used to be the ones to buy.

I have brought some BD flickloks but cannot confirm as still no go pro - yet. But would appear multi functional. Still reckon you would need handle bar grip accessory for pole mount.

You want a 'Big U-shot 2.0' from the company 'xsories'. Awesome telescopic pole but will run you around 5000 yen from rakuten.

just use any extendable ski pole + mountain bike handle adapter.

probably dont even need the extendable pole if you ski, just clamp it onto your normal ski pole.

I snowboard. And the gopro needs a different kind of mount. No normal tripod screw hole. And you want to keep it in it's case.

man its really not that hard.

mountain bike handbar adapter $20 + backcountry pole which you would buy anyway if u do any backcountry riding.

ive been using this same setup on my old gopro HD since 09.

just use any extendable ski pole + mountain bike handle adapter. probably dont even need the extendable pole if you ski, just clamp it onto your normal ski pole.
man its really not that hard. mountain bike handbar adapter $20 + backcountry pole which you would buy anyway if u do any backcountry riding. ive been using this same setup on my old gopro HD since 09.

I used a regular skipole with a mount before. The Big UShot is waaaaay lighter than that bulky rig and you have many more options on how you set the camera angle.

true.

i already had a adapter for biking and pole for bc. no need to carry extra pole

As did I, but got the Big Ushot and would never consider going back to that clumsy rig.

It is so small and light when collapsed into one section, that it will basically fit in your jacket pocket or the smallest pocket in your pack. It's nothing like carrying an extra pole.

true.

i already had a adapter for biking and pole for bc. no need to carry extra pole

As did I, but got the Big Ushot and would never consider going back to that clumsy rig.

It is so small and light when collapsed into one section, that it will basically fit in your jacket pocket or the smallest pocket in your pack. It's nothing like carrying an extra pole.

It looks great. Reviews are solid too but means more coming from someone on the forums. I'll put this one at the top of the list. Thanks!