Hi BB, my fatherinlaw and I are talking about it right now, but we haven't come to any conclusion yet. What I'm most hesitant about is how much snow they'll have by then??! So, can't offer yet as I don't know our plans, but if we go it'd just be the two of us and we'd have space so you'd be welcome. I'll post back once I know :) I'd actually be more inclined to head to Dynaland/Takasu myself bc I think there'd be a better base but Jiji loves HKK.

hi teikiatsulover

thks very much for your reply and kind offer. Yes I remember Dynaland it is on the right hand side about five mins drive below HKK carpark I think ?- It was actually the first place I leant/rode in real powder it was almost up to our waists that day there.

Please PM me if possible or reply here with your contact deets - do you live in Kyoto ? Of course I'd be happy to pay in for gas/tolls etc if it turns out you decide to go - thks in adv

BB, actually Dynaland /Takasu are in Gifu! So, a little bit more of a trek thann hachikita, but are better in my opinion. I'm in Nara, but getting to Kyoto stn is very easy as Nara city itself is actually right on the border of Kyoto. I don't know if there is much accumulation yet, so not sure what the deal is yet. But, I'd be happy to pm my phone number if the resort is going to open. If it's just one run and it's artificial snow I'm not sure if I'll be up for the drive. Lemme call Jiji tomorrow and post back after I've spoken with him.

Dynaland and Takasu should be good for accumulated snow. Not sure there current levels but today would have been good today if you were willing to hike it. Unfortunately Im working next weekend on the 7th but planning on heading up on the 8th or 15th if the weather is good. Im always looking for people to share the tolls/fuel costs with.

Ger and BB, just heard back from my Jiji who was out just a bit north of HKK and said there was virtually no snow other than the artificial snow he and his friends were skiing at, so next Saturday looks to be out of the question, and the temps and weather forecast don't seem to be cooperating either. Lets try for another day if you're down this way again.

Understood Teikeiatsulover - lets take a raincheck for this time but hopefully I can get down there again sometime in Febuary.

I was thinking of the place down below HKK - I think its called Hyperland ? sorry and thanks for the corrections guys.

Well- Hope all can get out and about soon-

rgds,

BB

• 2 months later...

Need advice on how to get to HKK from Kansai Airport. I'm flying in from Bangkok it'll be my first ski trip there.

I have a reservation from Feb. 20-23 at Ryokan Hisaya which advertise that it sits on the foot of Hachikita Plateau.

Though they weren't able to advise on any details for direction apart from limited content on the website which reads "please take a bus(for Muraoka HachiKita bus stop) from JR Yoka Station."

My web search yield 2 options one by JR the other by Shinki Bus with little details and I have no clue as to cost and travel time comparison. Any views on this subject would be very helpful.

Current snow condition and forecast is also appreciated.

Regards

KK157

Need advice on how to get to HKK from Kansai Airport. I'm flying in from Bangkok it'll be my first ski trip there.

I have a reservation from Feb. 20-23 at Ryokan Hisaya which advertise that it sits on the foot of Hachikita Plateau.

Though they weren't able to advise on any details for direction apart from limited content on the website which reads "please take a bus(for Muraoka HachiKita bus stop) from JR Yoka Station."

My web search yield 2 options one by JR the other by Shinki Bus with little details and I have no clue as to cost and travel time comparison. Any views on this subject would be very helpful.

Current snow condition and forecast is also appreciated.

Regards

KK157

There is no direct bus to hachikitakogen from kansai airport. You will have to get to shin osaka station or sannonomiya station in Kobe to be able to catch a bus there. Buses tend to leave quite early around 7am. Cost of the bus ticket varies depending on the day. Weekdays are cheapest and weekends most expensive. 5900 yen return on most weekdays and nearly double that on weekends.

Not that I know but are those prices not for the day trippers? Which includes a lift ticket plus bus? The poster seems to only want transport to their hotel which I guess is near to the ski field (I have no actual knowledge of kansai, but Kanto has similar bus deals)

Not that I know but are those prices not for the day trippers? Which includes a lift ticket plus bus? The poster seems to only want transport to their hotel which I guess is near to the ski field (I have no actual knowledge of kansai, but Kanto has similar bus deals)

Yeah they are all mainly for day trippers cause even though there is accommodation there usually people with cars will stay at accommodation. Plus I couldn't find anything else that goes there with out lift ticket or day trip. He might be able to book one of these day trip bus tickets but go back on another day, but he would have to ring directly I think.

Thanks guys.

TubbyBeaverinho is correct my hotel package is inclusive of lift tickets so I'm only interested in the best possible mode of transportation to this particular ski area. I have no geographical knowledge of this part of the woods and research from various websites yield very little English.

I know how to get from Kansai Airport to Shin-Osaka and that's about it from there onward I'm pretty much in the dark.

I understand both JR and Shinki Bus take 4-5hrs from Shin Osaka with little details.

Can someone tell me how far Tajima Airport is from HKK? I think there are 2 daily 30min flights from Osaka.

Any advise again appreciated.

Thanks guys.

TubbyBeaverinho is correct my hotel package is inclusive of lift tickets so I'm only interested in the best possible mode of transportation to this particular ski area. I have no geographical knowledge of this part of the woods and research from various websites yield very little English.

I know how to get from Kansai Airport to Shin-Osaka and that's about it from there onward I'm pretty much in the dark.

I understand both JR and Shinki Bus take 4-5hrs from Shin Osaka with little details.

Can someone tell me how far Tajima Airport is from HKK? I think there are 2 daily 30min flights from Osaka.

Any advise again appreciated.

Seems like that it's about 40km from tajima airport to hkk. I had another look and cannot find a direct bus with out lift tickets to hkk. So I think your options are take a bus even though it includes lift ticket and maybe organise with the company to come back on another day. Take a train to a station close to a station close to hkk. Toyooka, youka, or wadayama stations then take a taxi there. Or you can fly to tajima airport and take a taxi from there.