I broke my board at the end of last season and recently found a Rossignal Imperial at a used shop for just over 3,000 yen with bindings and couldn't help but buy it. The more I read about it the more I think it would make a better back-up board than main board for me. I'm one of those riders that likes to spend as much time on powder as possible and this board seems more like a beginners light weight groom runner. I don't like spending too much on boards because I have a tendency to break them. Any advice on boards I should be looking for at recycle shops or on the auction?

I've a Salomon Powder Snake.......I really like it. Floats great in powder and isn't so expensive. Its based on the Salomon Sick Stick, but a little more flexible and cheaper. I'd love to try out the Sick Stick, it gets great reviews, to see what the difference between the two boards is.

capita charlie slasher.

easily one of the cheapest dedicated powder boards on the market and theyre awesome too.

i got one from ebay brand new from usa for $330USD delivered to Australia.

im curious how you break boards riding powder. i barely even scratch them let alone broken one in 10 years,

Camel toe by bataleon is one of those boards im sorta kinda interested in. Id have to demo it though after the last one felt too unpredictable and squirrely for me. Its around teh same price point as the slasher if i remember right. Its TBT with all the pow trimmings. No way in hell would i ridethe ltd edition though :) Bataleon, as the years go on i realise, is a brand i want to like, but am struggling to do so :)

No ways! if it was 2012 i might be tempted, but o-ni-no-ni-no no. Plus it was your fault that i heard about how awesome backcountry were at shipping it over, so you owe me the cash for a riot that was too small for me and id have never bought unless some crafty scotsman told me that you could just ask them for the staff price to ship abroad to japan! :grandpa:

PS how the hell are you gonna sell that board if you keep saying stuff like its too squirmy on flats and harpack. At least qualify it with something or other about how you bought the wrong size, or it was just too stiff for you. Dont be calling its core design flawed. The first rule of swapshop is that its always you, never the tech!

capita charlie slasher.

easily one of the cheapest dedicated powder boards on the market and theyre awesome too.

i got one from ebay brand new from usa for $330USD delivered to Australia.

im curious how you break boards riding powder. i barely even scratch them let alone broken one in 10 years,

I usually mess my boards up at the begging or the end of the season when the coverage is not so good. Usually deep scratches from rocks. The last board i just dropped though..... Felt really stupid.

• 2 months later...

I use my Burton Fish for the trees and it is awesome! It's a 2009 model, but had only seen a week on snow when I picked it up used for pretty cheap.

I also have two, 2012/2013 Ride Slackcountry boards which have only seen a week on snow each. They are awesome powder boards and suited for the trees or the bigger, more open terrain. They will work pretty good in the chop and on groomers too! This is the main advantage over the Fish :thumbsup:

I am willing to part with the 161 Slackcountry if you are still looking for a powder board?

Got a Burton Fish at the start of the season (last years version).

Absolutely LOVE it!!!

Don't know why I suffered with my old board for so long!!!

Love how poppy it is off ANYTHING!!

I ride a 156 Burton Fish and a 157 Ride Slackcountry.

I also use a 157 Ride Society for park/regular mountain use.

I'm looking to offload an almost new 2012/13 161 Ride Slackcountry as I don't need it.

I might be interested in the

I ride a 156 Burton Fish and a 157 Ride Slackcountry.

I also use a 157 Ride Society for park/regular mountain use.

I'm looking to offload an almost new 2012/13 161 Ride Slackcountry as I don't need it.

I might be interested. I'm curently riding a 163 Rossignol Imperial which is a beginner to intermediate board made for groomers. I've never riden a powder specific board and I have been riding powder for years! At 183 cm and maybe 83 kg, is that the right length for me? Also if I went with a fish what would be the right length? I've always been a ride what I got and safe some money type (My board was 3,500 yen with bindings), but I have ridden with people with powder specific boards and seen the difference in action and am interested in making the switch.

I really don't know very much about gear so thank you all for the good info!

I might be interested in the
I ride a 156 Burton Fish and a 157 Ride Slackcountry. I also use a 157 Ride Society for park/regular mountain use. I'm looking to offload an almost new 2012/13 161 Ride Slackcountry as I don't need it.
I might be interested. I'm curently riding a 163 Rossignol Imperial which is a beginner to intermediate board made for groomers. I've never riden a powder specific board and I have been riding powder for years! At 183 cm and maybe 83 kg, is that the right length for me? Also if I went with a fish what would be the right length? I've always been a ride what I got and safe some money type (My board was 3,500 yen with bindings), but I have ridden with people with powder specific boards and seen the difference in action and am interested in making the switch. I really don't know very much about gear so thank you all for the good info!

I am 77 kgs and 178 cm.

157 is perfect for me :thumbsup:

I could go as short as 151 on a Fish, but opted for the 156 as I only had a choice between that size or a longer one.

My 161 Slackcountry would be the right size for you Gunma Boarder. You would want the 156 in a Fish.

Put the Birdman away to ride a twin board on the groomers pulled the Birdman back out this board is the ducks nuts it's not cheap but it is far superior than a Fish, Hovervcraft, Pinner and a few other boards I have ridden a mate was on it after 3 days of riding and he is hooked.

The Birdman is the most comfortable board i have ridden and it bombs groomers unless you ride switch this is the best board out their.

Don't bother buying cheap spend the money unless of couse you want to buy the Smokin Pinner :)

I'm still pretty new to this gig, so I'm on a 2012-13 Raygun 161 (I'm 185cm and 84kg). Technically an all-terrain rocker, but with a moderate set back it handles my level of pow lovely. Found very cheap, new @ ¥17,000.

Sorry to wander a little OT, but I saw in another thread that Ippy said he hates K2. I'm far from a brand groupie, but just a but curious to know why?

I considered the 2012 Birdman when I bought both the Fish and the Slackcountry.

Nice board and looks like it can handle groomers as well as big mountain stuff.

Just too big and clumsy for the tight trees and situations where you need to turn on a dime.