heading to sydney in april.

will the shops be stocking snowboard gear around then? i havnt really looked around at board shops in sydney (havnt been back for over 2 years) the only shop i know of is balmoral boards - spit junction. any other recommendations?

what are the prices like compared to japan?

from the looks of the website for balmoral boards everything looks pretty damn pricey.

thanks

Balmoral boards is probably your best bet... decent staff and a good range of boards, boots, bindings and wear. The staff are not hung up and are usually pretty helpful. April will be just a few months before our snow season starts so the stuff should be starting to come in but they have a decent range of stuff all year round nowadays.

There are a few other boarding shops... Boarders Inc. at Long Reef, and then a few other surf shops but only really stock snowboard stuff in our winter. Then you can try ski shops that now recognise the popularity of riding and stock a decent amount of snowboard-oriented gear and also boards. Inski I dont think have much but the Paul Reader shops in the city and also at Chatswood have a bit of stuff.

With regard to prices... I think you can get decent deals if you buy non-current models of boards and not Burton. Burton stuff stays at retail price and its hard to get much of a discount. Lesser known, but just as good brands get you more of a chance of a decent discount.

Good lucK!