Hi!

I was wondering if any of you have used a tour company to book lift tickets at a cheaper price in sapporo japan? We have our flight and hotel booked for feb 2-9, 2014 at the Ramada but in looking at the lift tickets at the resort Sapporo Teine....OR really any other suggestions for that area. I have seen that if we went through Sapporo Teine ticket counter directly it will be roughly $50 for one person for one day. with my husband and i both going, and both needing boards for 5-6 days... i was hoping for information on a cheaper alternative. & bringing our own boards are not an option as we are stationed on Guam and didn't bring them with us.

you guys seem to be the people to ask this question! I tried to talk to the hotel but NOTHING & i'm pretty sure i confused the guy since his english was good, but not great.

we are more advanced than beginner, but not quite expert. I prefer NOT to go on black diamond/double diamond runs lol! i'm a chill out and enjoy the ride snowboarder.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your hotel is quite a way away from Teine! You can get there by train (first, subway/taxi/long walk to train station) and then a connecting bus, take a while though, money will add up too. Have you t

Niseko Bus Pack is only 4900.   Hit the world famous N and have 100Y towards a can of beer.   http://www.niseko.ne.jp/en/otoku.html

If you go to the Resorts section on the main site, select the resort you want to get to, for instance Niseko Grand Hirafu, go to the resort page, and select the Route Finder tab.   Startng addrress

I'd hate too since i have a brand new board back on the east coast =( i have my boots...just no board. is the estimated $35 a day accurate?

I know that $50 for a lift ticket is probably pretty normal...BUT...we are a two person show so whatever we get will be x2 then x5 or 6 for the amount of days we hope to be boarding.

Yeah there are deals. JR ( Japan Rail) do package deals that involve train+bus+lift tix+hire.....but the brochures haven't been released yet, so i dunno wot the packages are or how much they will be. Ur hotel will definitely be able to sort you out with transport to/from Teine and tell u if any combo tix r up for grabs....as the resort liners stop at most of the big hotels. They simply won't have that info at the moment tho as the schedules haven't been released....perhaps this time next month you may find that more info is available.....November for sure.

thanks! i'll have to look into japan rail just to get an idea...maybe last year's pricing wont be so far off. I know i'm way ahead of the game but i'm just so excited! two years not boarding has been hard, but i guess diving makes up for it lol! I will probably be posting the same question in november to see if anyone has any information =)

• 3 weeks later...

Your hotel is quite a way away from Teine! You can get there by train (first, subway/taxi/long walk to train station) and then a connecting bus, take a while though, money will add up too.

Have you thought about going to Sapporo Kokusai resort? Bus and lift ticket (paid for on the bus) is around ¥5,000 for the day. Takes about 50mins to get there and stops fairly close to your hotel (Park hotel or Nakajima Koen prob closest) There might be a rental discount ticket too (never inquired though).

Kiroro Snow World has a bus/lift ticket pack too, about the same price as Kokusai and an extra 30mins away from Sapporo.

Rusutsu has a free bus (if you make a reservation at least one day before) going from near Sapporo JR.

I am presuming you will not be going off-piste? If so, IMO Kokusai, Kiroro or Rusutsu will be more entertaining than Teine (larger resorts).

Save on board rental....go to 2nd Street or Hard Off or similar recycle here in Sapporo and you can pick up a cheap board and bindings for sure!!

• Like 1

Also, slap bang in the middle of the snow festival....expect BUSY buses and resorts that week!!!

The Kokusai bus (the earlier one going through Park Hotel, Maruyama, Kotoni) gets you to the slopes just after 9am....slopes open 8:45am

But the obvious fix to all of this would be...stay at a resort for a night or two or week! Rusutsu is cheap (if u stay in the North Wing!!) or some small hotel in Niseko....

• 4 weeks later...

I just realized that people had replied to my post! i'm so sorry for the lack of response....

our hotel is already booked .... not that i can't change it BUT we did want to be around the area for the snow festival.

I haven't done much research YET...but park wise, what is the closest to the Ramada and the easiest way to get their? Please remember we are coming from boarding in the East Coast...so your easy slopes were probably our challenging =p

Also: did any package deals come out yet? as far as lift tickets and rentals are concerned? (if so could you post the prices) and I guess at this point...transportation as well?

East coast of where?

If u are in Sapporo, then Teine is the closest and easiest to get to. Shuttle buses run regularly throughout the day picking up from most of the major hotels.

Cost of bus plus lift ticket is 4800¥

Rusutsu run a free bus from Central Sapporo to resort, leave around 8am and get there around 10am I think.

There are also shuttle buses to the other major resorts too and I think the cost is around 5-6000¥

i looked up Teine and the park looks small =/ opinions on it? whats choice two and three?

we are coming from Delaware...but I boarded in PA and my husband in Michigan...but currently stationed in Guam....so obviously we need our snowboard fix!

also...has rental prices come out year for the season?

i looked up Teine and the park looks small =/ opinions on it?

The park at Teine is poor to be honest. Some years they have it up at Highland, and sometimes down at Olympia. The only constant is that it isn't very good. (This year it'll be up at Highland, which at least gives a good view and potential for great photos off the kicker with a city background.)

Asari (near Otaru) has the best park in the Sapporo area.