• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Winter Vacation I was born in Aussie, My Parents were round eyed Aussies. My grammar indicates that I was educated in Aussie. But I have limited similarities of an Aussie. I work the pass three sn

If you're laptop has an HDMI out, just plug it into your tv. The cable carries video and audio. If it doesn't have an HDMI out, you laptop should still have a monitor out (D 15 pin something or other)

Yeah, but it has to be in mp4 format........avi doesn't work. But I downloaded a free converter and all is good. The volume depends on how good the file is.....if it's been ripped well then the sound

I've got one of these. Very useful.

1. Download movies onto your iPad/iPhone and play them on your large screen TV via Apple TV

2. Play youtube vids on iPad/iPhone and view them on your large screen TV

3. Play GettyFooty coverage on above TV

4. Install PPTV app and watch thousands of movies beamed from you iPad/iPhone on above TV

In short, anything you can play on your iPad/iPhone, you can beam onto your large TV.

Excellent piece of hardware.

Most laptops now will have an HDMI out as standard so you can just hook your laptop up to your tv and play whatever web content you want off there.

I recommend any method that does not involve iTunes!

I also have a unit and I total enjoy what delivers for the viewer. It is ever better if your Mac has Mountion Lion software. If you don,t you can still use the unit without the pleasure of excessing certain Program on your Mac via you TV. I watch documentaries on You Tube via My !00cm HDMI TV. The Apple Menu as many Social Media access and the latest American Sports Program (MLB.com/NHL /NBA). Other program you can access via your TV are iTunes /YouTube/VIMEO/Qello /WSJlive/Vevo and Flickr. Also has Buying and rental via iTunes into you TV. It is also great to travel with if you have WiFi in your Hotel room and a HDMI TV. The remote can be downloaded on to your phone.

Hi Winter Vacation

I was born in Aussie, My Parents were round eyed Aussies. My grammar indicates that I was educated in Aussie. But I have limited similarities of an Aussie. I work the pass three snow season in the hospitality Industral in Japan which cater for Aussies Skiers and Boarders. So I get to look into the mirror a lot and find myself cringing at most of the reflections cast by my follow Aussies. Really I am embarrass by their self centred attitudes of most Aussie,s and Kiwi,s who travel overseas.

I grow up in lower class urban Sydney. I was also institutionalised from 3 years of ages until I was 14. I finished a trade and entered the mining industry until I was bundied off ( Unfit for work) at 40 years. So I decide to go back to school so to gain Uni level education. After that I undertook a diploma in Photography. I experience snow when i was 47 years when my daughter shouted me on a trip to the snow and a intro into snowboarding. I became a snowboarding junkie and I had not experienced a Aussie summer since.

• Like 1

NO!

On your ipad or iphone, download PPTV.

It's a Chinese site with all the movies and TV series and music videos you'd ever want to see. I think it's paid for by the Chinese central government so that all the world can enjoy the delights of western movies free of charge.

• 2 months later...

Actually I love it......I can play movies I've totally got legally on my computer on the TV, there's a bunch of apps included that u can watch, and I can mirror stuff fro my iPhone......there are probably a million other uses that regular people know about but I'm a tech idiot.....I still love it tho :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really quite digging the Hulu app thingy.

Free for a month and so no money involved.

Whether I want to pay 980 yen a month after that is a different q.

But it has lots on there and it's a very clean interface.

I like it.

That free Chinese app is not a very relaxing experience for anyone who doesn't read Chinese.

Yes. We've been using Hulu for a while. It's not bad but a lot of the content is recycled.

I'm quite interested in the Apple TV thing because of the possibility of mirroring your monitor. However, it seems that that is only possible with a Mac that is late 2011 or newer. Something about problems with the older processors.

Turns out my prob with Apple TV was an update thing.....it wouldn't allow me to update it so it wouldn't play all my content. Did a wee search online and seems it's pretty common, simple fix tho....unplug power cable, say abracadabra and plug cable back in and as if by magic, it updates and then streams fine