• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least I'd be able to follow the dialogue - the script was written at the bottom of the screen, and NO annoying soundtrack! :lol:

Did you know my grandfather, he played the piano in the silent movies.

Nooooooooooooooo

:grandpa:

Please, say it is not so!! As far as I know, I have no grandkids! (yet, anyway!)

Reunited and it feels so good

Reunited 'cuz we understood

There's one perfect fit and sugar this one is it

We both are so excited 'cuz we're reunited, hey-hey

The music is mostly irrelevant and (especially) if it's orchestral when there's no friggin' orchestra around!

Going to see Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers in couple of weeks and the score is going to be played live through the showing by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. Going to be awesome!

Back on topic

Temperature the other day it was freezing in the cinema and I couldn't wait for the movie to finish so I could warm up.

And I had jeans shoes t-shirt and jumper on (there were people walking out)

Yeah lot's of things can spoli movies but what I like about them generally is, that like art, there is often lot's of lively discussion on their merits or lack of.

A lot of humour was topical so it mightn't make as much sense now. Like watching repeats of Have I Got News or Mock the Week.

In its day, I think it was funnier than those two shows though.

For me, loud music you have to turn down followed by quiet dialogue you have to turn up spoils modern movies the most. Not that I watch many of them. I think the last thing I saw in the cinema was the one about the Buddhist monks trying to watch the World Cup on tv. It must be ten years ago.