Do you think that will change even when the news go on the internet? I don`t think people outside Oz would even inderstand and be interested in what goes downunder. THe whole idea of the internet was free infomation accessable to all - again ideology but a good one to remember

Do you think that will change even when the news go on the internet? I don`t think people outside Oz would even inderstand and be interested in what goes downunder. THe whole idea of the internet was free infomation accessable to all - again ideology but a good one to remember

Actually, the whole initial idea of the internet was to allow defence researchers to collaborate even if they were in different universities/research stations. Nothing in the original planning was for "free information for all".

Sorry - US researchers were physicists, true, but their main aims were defence dollars to fund their research. So they needed to get some applications towards defence to continue their income stream.

whatever the internet was built for, it isn't solely for that now....that genie is out of the bottle and cannot be put back in......it can however be contained in a giant-assed tank....which is what big government is now doing. Slowly but surely they are regaining control of their creation, building fences and walls to take back control from the masses.

It is going off topic but it is a major issue that technology (that was suppose to make our life better ....whatever that is ) is going into military (big dollars = sustainable economics) and law enforcement. PeepingTom cameras all around. Everyone checking everyone around (even there is a song about it singing thatz cool...) , but won`t give a toss if you aren`t a millionair or a moneyperson. Hey, GN, have you noticed the change in Australia, and the attitude of average Aussies coming back from Japan? I certainly had a shock after 5 years of Germany. THE worst is Sydney. Constant ripp-offs.