I wonder if you notice this at all. Japan just seems to be overflowing with odd idiosyncratic people. Lately, I find myself taken aback by some of the strange things that people do or say.

Just a few minutes ago I asked a fellow co-worker if I could use his dictionary (Japanese) to look up a Kanji and he just waved his hand in front of his face and said No.... I looked at him with my squinty WTF face....and just gave me another emphatic NO.....as I continued to stare at him in disbelief. Then he sheepishly put the dictionary in his desk for good measure of it's protection. That's got to be some kind of sickness, right?

And, this morning in traffic, neither way was moving and a guy going the other direction but right beside me was sitting with at least two car lengths of space in front of him. A few cars were behind him and they were trying to turn and could if he pulled up. They were honking and I was gesturing for him to pull ahead but he too....gave me the NO...I'm not going to do that! gesture. WTF IS IT WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Those are just two of many instances lately.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Electric pencil sharpeners??   What's the matter with kids today?   Why can't they use the chisel or the axe like we used to?.........................it was good enough for me and my mate Billy Th

JA...Yes....I am,, and this FU society is exasperating the fact. I do apologize for my cranky-ness at the moment.

WInter... I tried to be civil so it was probably more like this face...

1285915376177.jpg

I wonder if you notice this at all. Japan just seems to be overflowing with odd idiosyncratic people. Lately, I find myself taken aback by some of the strange things that people do or say.

Just a few minutes ago I asked a fellow co-worker if I could use his dictionary (Japanese) to look up a Kanji and he just waved his hand in front of his face and said No.... I looked at him with my squinty WTF face....and just gave me another emphatic NO.....as I continued to stare at him in disbelief. Then he sheepishly put the dictionary in his desk for good measure of it's protection. That's got to be some kind of sickness, right?

And, this morning in traffic, neither way was moving and a guy going the other direction but right beside me was sitting with at least two car lengths of space in front of him. A few cars were behind him and they were trying to turn and could if he pulled up. They were honking and I was gesturing for him to pull ahead but he too....gave me the NO...I'm not going to do that! gesture. WTF IS IT WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Those are just two of many instances lately.

They could both get a job in central resevations.

just start doing it back.....if they ask, "How do you say this in english?"....do the wave......if they ask, "Chris, can you mark these tests?".....do the wave.....if they say "ohayo"....do the wave

:lol:

Hilarious.

I had some dufus honk me today on the way to the airport because he tried to zoom into the bike lane and undertake me (doing the speed limit) at the same time as I indicated and held left into the turning lane. Total idiot. I had some young men in the car who decided to give him a WTF gesture, which he returned. When he overtook me on the right hand side on the next road he quickly tailgated the car in front, and nearly hit them when they braked. Lovely squealing locked up brakes :lol:

People like this will get it in return.

Call it karma, what goes around comes around, hostility breeds hostility.

I just laugh at people like that - they are the ultimate losers in the end.

I'd lend you my dictionary any day big Chris! :D

Today ... Actually, my "office" is a workshop a shed and a playground. No walls unless I want to be inside! Love it!!

7am start, spent a couple hours checking the cisterns in all the toilets in the school. Because we use runoff and bore water to flush them, and the foot valve of the pump is alongside the inflow (therefore sediment is stirred up everytime there's significant rain, like yesterday!) we get a lot of running cisterns because the sludge gets sucked into the pump and blocks the shutoff valve.So, after a wet day, I have to clean all the valves - getting good at it too!

Then a stocktake of the computer discards being sent to recycle, listing, checking serial numbers against equipment registers and stacking. Really wonderful! N.O.T.

A couple of electric pencil sharpeners to fix/clean and oil so they work.

Not a lot, really!

Home by 4pm (after a 3pm finish and a trip to town!)

Exciting enough for ya?

Today ... Actually, my "office" is a workshop a shed and a playground. No walls unless I want to be inside! Love it!!

7am start, spent a couple hours checking the cisterns in all the toilets in the school. Because we use runoff and bore water to flush them, and the foot valve of the pump is alongside the inflow (therefore sediment is stirred up everytime there's significant rain, like yesterday!) we get a lot of running cisterns because the sludge gets sucked into the pump and blocks the shutoff valve.So, after a wet day, I have to clean all the valves - getting good at it too!

Then a stocktake of the computer discards being sent to recycle, listing, checking serial numbers against equipment registers and stacking. Really wonderful! N.O.T.

A couple of electric pencil sharpeners to fix/clean and oil so they work.

Not a lot, really!

Home by 4pm (after a 3pm finish and a trip to town!)

Exciting enough for ya?

oh-boy.gif

:wave:

OK....new development.. It's major...

The guy with the hair pulling disorder sitting across from me has a self inflicted wound on the back of his head and he's simultaneously picking at it and blotting the blood at the same time. He's been at it for an hour. It's totally compelling. Quite a bit of blood, too.

Also, just went the men's washroom and there are splashes of blood in the sink.

God...what an affliction!