I'm sure everyone here has at sometime seen/heard one of the many sound trucks/vans that go around the streets blaring out messages. As I don't speak Japanese I've never understood a word of what they are saying, but I'll always wave, if they wave first. Today though I saw/heard my first sound helicopter, yes that's right a helicopter, it was moving in a slow zig zag pattern over Tubbys old stomping ground, blaring out some message. Has any one else come across one of these before?

onehunga.

Never come across one, but I am quite confident that what the message was... was a lovely sincere blend of 'yoroshiku onegai shimasu' and 'gambarimasu'.

:thumbsup:

Nothing as interesting as that here but .... we have a Medi heli pad right in front of our house so we have a pleasant mix of rotor noise and ambulance siren from above and below every other day it seems lately. It's never a bother though especially when you consider that the people being evacuated must be in pretty dire shape.

Over Shonan? It may have been a coast guard helicopter....they are pretty common especially if the surf is big as people get caught out and drown.

The truck that really gets me is the Yaki-imo trucks......they sound like a call to prayers at a mosque!! I've never seen one person stop these trucks and actually buy a bloody potato from them, but they keep kerb crawling along!!

Over Shonan? It may have been a coast guard helicopter....they are pretty common especially if the surf is big as people get caught out and drown.

Was a bit far from the water, although a coast guard copter sounds the best explanation for it. Would be a very expensive way to get a message across.

Around here there always seems to be a helicopter in the air in some direction, often from the Naval Air Base nearby. Friday, however was the first time I've heard one "talking"