+1 :yummy:

Was actually thinking of hitting Naeba myself on Saturday, just for a change and given that, as ippy said above, the decent stuff in and around the Kagura trees is likely to have been ruined by the recent weather.

I looked hard for the manju on the way here but my navigator was busy with her keitai so we missed it. Anyway, we got here with out fuss and had a nice meal at Ninjintei. My wife and I loved it and she wants to know if you have any more recommendations Muika!

I like this place, except for the ugly Shinkansen track running through the center of town.

I spotted Tasuke Manju while going past it on the way to Naeba, thought I might hit it on the way back, but then decided not to stop in order to make sure I made it to the Kan-Etsu Expressway before it became the Kan-Etsu Parking Lot. Good thing, too, because I drove past an accident scene on the Kan-Etsu just as they were setting out cones and flares, and from reports, an hour-long traffic jam developed right behind me. As it was, I experienced only a 15-minute traffic jam.

Escaped by the skin of my teeth! :ph34r:

Black Mountain, glad you liked Ninjintei I go there quite often.

The only other thing I can recommend is the Emergency Telephone Box! ;)

Actually if we eat in Yuzawa it's almost always Ninjintei, we are usually here in Muikamachi. So not sure what else to recommend.

:doh:

I tried to at least nab a photo as I went past...

Stupid camera took its sweet time composing itself after I pressed the shutter button, so only got one of the side buildings:

gallery_10844_104_24768.jpg

Will try harder next time.