Things you would prefer hadn't been invented?

As I said, peer pressure is different. I was "conned" into starting at 10years old, by the persistent advertising and the fact that my mates all did (or SAID they did).

By the time I was around 25-30, I'd decided that i could not afford to continue to pay the "exorbitant" price they \were then asking for a 20 pack - I think it was in the region of $AU 0.45 for 20 - so I decided to quit. Did so cold turkey (except for a couple of trip-ups with a beer in hand) and have not smoked since 1972.

I found that the first 3 years or so were the hardest! After that, all easy!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mosquito's......God must've been at the communion wine when he invented those little useless bastards

Niggas Wit Coke

smart ones never gotten started ith the cancer sticks.

didn't you have to roll your own back then? or smoke pipes

Actually didn't HAVE to, but did rolies for a while. Also had cork-tips (without filter) because they were cheaper, and available in packs of 5!

Tried a pipe too, but that was a bit strong for my taste.

At one time, I smoked Camel - the only cigarette with a picture of the factory on the packet.

Camel1966F.jpg

Also had a go at Gitanes for a bit - but they were stronger than pipe, so that lasted about one pack IIRC!

• 2 weeks later...

I rather wish that idiots with cats were not invented - especially those ones that do not get the kittycat "seen to" and then dump the unwanted offspring out in the country - like right outside my place!

Don't want kittens? Get the damned cat neutered! Not rocket science!