Someone might find the following useful.

"We are afraid shuttle bus is not available from Shinshu Nakano station.

a shuttle bus is available from "Yudanaka station" 5 station ahead Shinshu Nakano.

time table as follow

9:05、10:15、11:45

No reservation is needed".

yudanaka is on the red line which you get just outside nagano station. its one of those independent non JR lines. Truth is though, it takes an age, it costs a BLOODY FORTUNE and it means having to transfer to a shuttle anyway. Fine if youre planning on staying in yudanaka/yamanouchi, but if youre just heading to ryuoo, id get the bus from nagano station. No idea why youre asking about nakano :) Its about 20km outside nagano. Beautiful city though. Would love to live there... well, not so much for the city itself, its not that pretty, but the cycling around it is going to be amazing.

Kurohime?

Im not 100% sure but i think the train stops just outside the resort. Well not just, but just enough that even if you had to take a taxi it wouldnt cost all that much. I do suspect it mightbe aright in truth since i think kurohime is more a local mountain rather than the biggies that pull in people from outside nagano. Itll be busy, but i cant see people choosing it over somewhere bigger for a 3 day weekender.

Also if you do get the train to yudanaka (which really does go all morning), takaifuji is pretty much right outside yudanaka. Its about a 5-10 minute taxi ride up there. Theres probably even a bus. You can physically see it from the station. And If youre a little ingenious, you could also drop round the other side into x-jam or something. There was a ticket last year (or was it the year before) the Mt Kosha, that seemed to have links to make it to the various resorts (takaifuji, xjam, yomase, kijimadaira). That means if they still have it you could ride Kosha all the live long day which means you can avoid the crowds as well. Its a decent sized area to choose from in truth and id actually be a bit jealous if you rode it.

But if you do you MUST report back, i really really really really really really really want to know about that ride. Its been bugging me all season :)

Sorry Ippy will most likely head to Togari as based on what I've read including your recent TR its relatively easy to get to for 1st lifts as a train arrives at 8:05 and I'll get a cab to Pegasus (?), its cheap (with passport - thanks) and hopefully by the time the crowds get really thick my lack of fitness and not ridden for a year will be really showing up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: If I can get a couple hours in I'll still be stoked as it would be a good warm up. :p About lunch time I'll head back to Nagano, grab my gear and have a lesiurely trip to Myoko aiming for 1st lifts Sunday :). That way will get to ride another resort too.