1. Anyone up at Niseko between 30th Jan and 8th Feb 2003? If you believe the reports (photos don't usually lie), the place is goin' off.

2. What's the go with the snow depth reports? For example, if during the last week Niseko got 180cm of snow, why doesn't the snow depth change accordingly?? Obviously fresh Pow compacts, but not THAT much. Perhaps the gauging stations are dicky? (They must've purchased them from the same place Thredbo and Perisher Blue did!! (Aussie Resorts) \:D

just got back from 4 days at niseko...

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!

some of THE BEST skiing I have EVER done...

some of the DEEPEST I have ever skied

some of the best WEATHER I have ever seen...

fantastic...will post some pics and write a new journal soon...

I am still high off that Niseko Pow!

danz

Last night's Nagano local news admitted that all talk of a warm winter had been wrong, and that El Nino is having only a very 'limited' effect. And just when I thought they were repenting of their folly, they then predicted an early spring. Erm, yes, I'll bet they're right this time...

Quote:
Originally posted by danz:
just got back from 4 days at niseko...

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!
some of THE BEST skiing I have EVER done...
some of the DEEPEST I have ever skied
some of the best WEATHER I have ever seen...

I hate you man! It`s not fair...when I was up there last weekend the weather was shitty, the snow not all that impressive and I couldn`t find Strawberry Field. \:\( I saw on the news lastnight that Niseko will be dumpin` for the next few days...sucks to be me!

fantastic...will post some pics and write a new journal soon...

I am still high off that Niseko Pow!

danz