Friends are coming out from the UK to visit us in Tokyo in mid Jan and then we are going to Niseko for 10 days together :)

They sent me a link to an outfit called Niseko Snow Cats (they also do Snowmobiling tours apparently) based out of Kanbetsu and ski in the Yamanashi range based on details from their website.

I already told them that it will be a waste of money based on the reports of Weiss on here but then what do I know? :confused:

Anyone know anything about them and the terrain, etc.?

The real deal.

Terrain good enough for the visiting pros.

Hey MikePow

I have been viewing the thread on Weiss Cat tours and have come to the conclusion that it may be a bit of a dissapointment.

The impression I get from the Weiss thread is it would be shelling out big dollars for flattish terrain.

I am no pro but like a bit of challenge and like everyone search for untracked powder

(I suppose thats my motivation for wanting to explore the luxury of cat tours) and willing to shell out my hard earn dollars

if I know I am going to come home with a smile on my dial.

Have you or if anyone has any more details or experienced the Niseko Snow cats first hand then I am keen to find out more!!

Weiss is privately operated by NAC. No other cat tours go there.

Ive never done it either, but from videos ive seen and stories from people who have it looks like some pretty awesome terrain.

Any snowcat operation is only as good as the weakest person in the group.

If you're not renting the whole cat then terrain selection is beyond your control.

In general terms, the Niseko Snow Cats operation accesses more challenging terrain than the NAC Weiss operation.

Thanks for the info Mike.

Our UK crew have booked already so will let everyone on here know how the crazy Niseko cats do when we return end of Jan. Did two days with Powder Mountain nr Whistler last year so have something to compare against.

Look forward to hearing your report too Paul.

Very confident it will be awesome !! ;)

Thanks for info Mike. All I have to do know is find a few new boarding buds who

are keen but no biggie if it doesnt happen, mulling over a few other ideas and

been checking the snow reports :friend: