2012/13 (earlybird and) Season Pass thread.

Alas, a car isnt really an option. Firstly i only have a korean license, and im way past the time to get an international one. Likely, because i havent driven since passing my test theyll make me do at least the written test which i cant be naffed doing. Also, i er, lost my wallet about 2 months back and my driving license was in it so ill have to get another one sent over from korea which i cant be bothered doing either. And then theres the whole buying the car, insuring it, buying a parking space, paying for that, paying for tolls and duties, and a heap of other costs. Bleh.

I know i have to stay here for at least another year (i was pretty close to starting for korea again but i remembered ive got that stupid mobile wifi and tablet and about a 50k early leaving hit if i head out before a year). If its not this school then no worries, but i dont anticipate staying much longer after that. Im kinda done with the whole japan teaching thing so dont really need another albatross around my neck.

Basically a massive roundabout way of saying i would love a car, but i think ill wait until im back in korea or wherever. The set up costs are a nightmare, as will be the whole diddling about with insurance et al. I know itd probably even out eventually... but saying that im not entirely sure thats true since i bike anywhere under a 40km round trip right now... itd certainly help on quality of life issues, and when i get shit canned i can always use it to move my stuff... but still. Pain in the ass i reckons. I need a small nest egg for the very poor job security i have at the moment so no real ready capital free for such a costly beast.

As for the subject at hand though, the reason i think im going with nozawa is precisely because its off season runs pretty well thanks to yamabiko. Its always got the skyline as well, and the slackcountry parts. When the powder is dropping it is rather insane as well. As for myoko off season, im pretty much on my own. Hiking wont be much of an option so its not that great. And peak season, the powders fun and all and i do love a good thigh burner down suginohara, but it just feels pretty much like ive done the resort itself and slackcountry is a few tree runs on akakan, some bouncy lift runs on suginohara and thats about it. If you hike, myoko for sure. If you dont... its just not all that exciting to head there :(

Korean license? You don't have a British license?...... It took me 10 minutes to change my UK license to a Japanese one.

You can buy a 4WD Kei car with a year of shakken for pennies. Insure it for under 3000yen per month and drive to any resort you want.

Before you go you can scrap it for 5000yen or just give it away/sell it.

Minimal cost, maximum snow riding :p Plane would work too!

5. I dont want to die. I ride predominantly on my own. I cant see me not riding those dodgy lines to be honest. I will probably get in an accident. :)

Death would suck for the dead guy. Plus they'd really crack down on everybody else skiing those lines. I'll let you know when I'm out that way. Very few people down here on Shikoku to rip powder with so half the time I'm flying solo too.

• SnowJapan Admin

Here we go, sorry for the delay.

We are so ridiculously busy, it's just not funny. :(

----

Yudanaka-Shiga Kogen ski shuttle bus sched (all in Japanese)

http://www.nagadenbu...uyu/shuttle.htm

Iiyama-Nozawa

http://www.nagadenbu...zawa12-13w.html

Madarao-Togari-Nozawa shuttle bus:

http://www.no-to-ma-bus.com/

----

If you want to share some more, contact me before posting.

Thanks.

Incoming nozawa train station to the resort (sort of) bus timetable. Actually if i get more, ill just make a thread with them all in one lace instead of here. :)

• 9 months later...

Saw the other day that Sapporo Kokusai, Kiroro and Asari have released a joint season pass this year. Not that cheap at 8 man, but you'd get a super long season. Could be good for someone based in that area.

K-Pass early bird price of 7 man is available until November 11th.

Any updates on 13/14 earlybird season passes?

Ive had a hunt around for the JTB one today but havent found anything so far.

I think the JTB pass doesn't come out until the end of October.

Hakuba Happo-one early bird passes are now on sale. Early bird deals are available until Nov 15th.

To make things a lot easier you can order and pay online via paypal.