Who what are the names of the patrol monitoring this site

"But if you KNOW that you should not be there, but keep on going back..."

A-ha, my point exactly - if there are no ropes, why should I just KNOW I shouldn`t be there? How does this knowledge come about? Some sort of freaky osmosis when I buy my ticket?

Patrol should not leave it up to interpretation and common sense. Laws don`t work that way, they need to be clear cut. They need to cater to the lowest common denominator (comprised of two groups) - a)complete idiots, and B) those hell bent on breaking the rules. That way, noone can come out with the "but nobody told me" excuse.

I know I sound like a broken record, but this is one of my favourite whinges.

hem now - getting of his soap box.

Congratulations on your point exactly.

If there is absolutely no way to know, and it is also not common sense, then that is of course a different issue. How are you to know?

But, if you do know the rules (and/or the law), and have been made aware of them, etc, then just repeating the behaviour because you want to find the powder is selfish and something that I would object to.

\:D

SKI,

can`t disagree with you there, nothing brings out selfishness like powder!

Hence the old expresion "no friends on powder days"!

Many relationships have also been tested to their limit on powder days, too, I`m sure! I know mine has. (Gulp)

Cheers,

hem now

OK.

What about this part then?

---------------------

Quote:
I guess it is more a reflection of my lack of self control. I know I shouldn`t be doing it, but bugger it, when there`s powder to be had, most of my self control goes out the window.
Well there you go. It seems that if you want to do it, then you will. To hell with the rules. Does this way of thinking apply to all rules/laws? Or just this one? Or just ones you disagree with/don't like?

---------------------

peaker, thanks for your answer.

I think the problem here is that you live in Hokkaido and appear to live for your sport. I live in Nagano, actually quite a long way from the really good places, and live for my family (or at least pretend to). So you apparently have more freedom and time to prepare and go looking for the really good stuff. If I had more time to devote to it, I'd be very interested in getting involved with JTSB or whatever it's called.

However, as I often point out to you, there are actually good places available within resorts. I go to Nozawa most often because they have what I like, often you don't have to duck a rope to get to it, and the patrol normally are not a problem. So that's good - I can ride a variety of groomers and powder (neither with much finesse or 'cool' for which I couldn't give a stale turd), without much risk of hurting myself or others, and without constant dreary confrontations with patrol. So everybody's happy. I quite understand your attitude - I wish you would try to understand mine.

It should be clear to you from what I said here that I have no wish ever to see patrol and get no kicks whatsoever from the 'cat and mouse' thing that you mention. I think that's utterly childish, and puts the whole issue on altogether the wrong plane.

Now, the issue of rules. If we could only establish a rule that says Yogurt is not to post until he has actually passed his psychiatry degree, then we would be spared his truly puerile comments and psycoanalysis all the time. Yogurt loves rules, apparently.

Truly hilarious, Ocean11, as always.

It seems that you will just have to put up with my "truly puerile comments and psycoanalysis", as you put it.

Also, I am glad to see that, apart from your last comment, you do seem to have calmed down a bit now since this morning - which can only be a good thing.

\:D

Yogurt, you've convinced me. I'm going to stop breaking rules, and maybe it will help me to calm down more. From now on, I'll be able to enjoy the groomers knowing that riding in deep snow is, well, against the rules. It really is that simple, and I hadn't seen it!

I really want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your calm analysis and constant good humour has been a real tonic. Thanks.

I am just going to straight up say it...

SKI - You are getting out of control. You have like 5 threads going right now where you say the same thing in every single post, over an over. I can accept the fact that you do not like to break rules. Now shut up. WE ALL UNDERSTAND.

And it is so tiring the way you jump on Ocean for any little thing he says.

Quote:
Yogurt loves rules, apparently.
No, I didn't say that.
I said that I do my best to respect and abide by them.

Quote:
Yogurt, you've convinced me. I'm going to stop breaking rules, and maybe it will help me to calm down more. From now on, I'll be able to enjoy the groomers knowing that riding in deep snow is, well, against the rules. It really is that simple, and I hadn't seen it! I really want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your calm analysis and constant good humour has been a real tonic. Thanks.
Do what you want, mate.....

Quote:
SKI - You are getting out of control. You have like 5 threads going right now where you say the same thing in every single post, over an over. I can accept the fact that you do not like to break rules. Now shut up. WE ALL UNDERSTAND.
Why should I "shut up" and not you and your side of things? -- Because you disagree with what I have to say, it seems....

"Well there you go. It seems that if you want to do it, then you will. To hell with the rules. Does this way of thinking apply to all rules/laws? Or just this one? Or just ones you disagree with/don't like?"

SKI, I only break laws if the following rules apply:

1. Nobody is adversely affected (myself or others)

2. I am not going to get caught.

3. It is worth the payoff.

4. I think the thinking behind the rule is flawed

So no, I would not extrapolate my rule breaking to other crime, such as theft, violence, drug peddling, etc. I have high moral standards and a pretty big concience (bugger me, how DO you spell that?).

I have driven too fast. I have parked illegally. I have worked illegally in foreign countries (not this one). I have snuck into countries illegally. I have camped illegally on private property. I have ducked ropes and jumped fences. I have bribed officials (Colombia can be tough sometimes). This does not make a bad person, just different, just making the most of opportunity. I know where to draw the line, and I am comfortable with myself.

I am happy to agree to disagree, SKI. Its been enjoyable!

Enjoy the groomers! :p

hem now

Quote:
SKI, I only break laws if the following rules apply:
So in effect you are creating your own rules for yourself to decide whether you will abide by other peoples rules?

Quote:
I have worked illegally in foreign countries (not this one). I have snuck into countries illegally. I have camped illegally on private property. I have ducked ropes and jumped fences. I have bribed officials (Colombia can be tough sometimes). This does not make a bad person, just different, just making the most of opportunity. I know where to draw the line, and I am comfortable with myself.
Well, looking at some of those things you claim to have done and been comfortable with yourself, we certainly are going to have to agree to disagree with that! But isn't one of the points here that it is not just about being comfortable with yourself, but abiding by rules and laws that are laid down. I don't personally see how you can justify creating your own rules concerning your behaviour on other "official" rules.

I would have something to say if you were camping out illegally on my private property.

I am also enjoying the discussion.

And oh yes, did I say somewhere that I always stuck to groomers? ......?

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've seen this bullshit before.

Yogurt, that's a very mysterious and provocative last comment. So where do you like to ski, that's officially sanctioned but not actually a groomed course?

As for the last comment. It was not in the least bit provocative. It is just assumed here by some it seems that I merrily ski on the groomed runs with no interest in anything outside - which may or may not be the case. That is not relevant here.

What is relevant here is that I do abide by any rules laid down by a particular resort. And did you not know that some resorts do offer chances for their guests to ride outside of groomed runs, Ocean11?

Quote:
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've seen this before.
You seem to be getting worked up Ocean11 - again.

And throwing around sarcastic remarks - again.

Without any constructive comments at all - again.

Is that not, as you accused me of previously, immature?

Quote:
Yogurt
And Fattwins, look here! Ocean11 insists on calling me not by my real name. I find it to be rather childish (don't you) and he obviously does this on purpose in an effort to offend me.

Who's calling who names?