• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

It's not a local skijo for me, I'm further west. It's probably not local for anyone really, it's very remote! It's in the middle of the mountains north of Obihiro. I drove through it a couple of summers ago and thought it looked interesting. I'd like to check it out in the winter sometime, but it's such a mission to get to!

Fuji Rock is great........but I think if I went back I'd try and get a hotel room rather than camp. The weather was awesome the year I went, sunny and hot....which is great for sitting drinking cold beer watching bands BUT not so good for sleeping past sun rise!! My mates have been when it's torrential rain and that does not look line fun

If you want a hotel room I recommend booking now! Fuji Rock turns Naeba into a city.

Yeah I know......Im not going back though :)

The Prince gets booked out and keeps it going through winter

the small track or course that often gets labelled a green run to bring beginners down from the upper mountain.........Its usually about the width of a road and littered with noobs falling over. I assume its named "cat track" in reference to the snow cat grooming machines that may or may not use these tracks for getting around the mountain