to sell medicines

I know where you're coming from there TB but.... surely, it can't be as simple as that.

There's peoples heath at stake.

its always a problem when there is a private aspect to healthcare

Hmm from the stuff my partner has brought home from time to time, I really don't think it has been clear. They come in small paper bags with not much written on them.

There should be an information sheet accompanying them, though. Does your pharmacy not give them out? (I assumed it was a requirement.)

And, I don't know about anyone else, but if I go to a doctor, I want them to tell me what is wrong with me and what I need to take take. Taking medicine that a doctor has given me is definitely not something that I - knowing nothing - should be making my own judgements on. I want to be told. Surely

Huh, maybe my doctor is even better than I thought. He does give me that kind of information generally. (In addition to the printed info sheet that the pharmacy gives out.)

Is this a rarity?

When I got stuff for my cold/flu a few years back, there wasn't much writing going on. Seemed like lots of packets and just told to take 'em.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I thought I would update this.

The huge bags of sweeties (medicine) that was brought back remain mostly untouched and I suppose will be binned.