So here's my new skiing vid - The White Room.

I actually filmed this last month, but I havent had much time to edit the footage until now.

Really nice day we had there with lots of deep powder. This was actually on the February holiday weekend so must have been one of Kagura's busier days of the season, but you wouldn't think it from this video!

Hope you like it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4A0Kax57PY&feature=youtu.be

Should also be here pretty soon....

I think I've done 4 or 5 day trips to Kagura, so it is pretty much my favourite - mainly due to the fact that there are a fair few nice runs among the trees which are easy for us to find and which the ski patrol don't mind you accessing. I've also managed a day trip to Kawaba, which is pretty good but the powder isnt as good as Kagura, and also to Kandatsu. I actually live closer to the resorts in Tochigi and Fukushima, but as I dont have a car, it is more convenient to do the shinkansen Higaeri trips to the Yuzawa area. Hoping to get up to Kagura a couple more times before the seasons out, possibly as early as this weekend....!!

I just do single day trips there from where I live in Tsukuba - it takes about 3 hours to get there from where I live, but its quicker going from Tokyo. Typical trip would involve getting on the train at 7am, arriving at the ski area around 10, skiing until the end at around 4.30, then an onsen and taking the train home at around 7pm to get back for 10 ish. Often I go with a friend who lives in Saitama and we go from Kumagaya having stayed there the previous night, which makes the journey there about half the time.

Hoping to get up there again this Sunday, depending on the weather....!

if I go to Yuzawa, its almost always by train and always a day trip....I get up before the sparrow's even have a chance to fart, sleep on the train but arrive at the ski-jo about 8am. 5am train from Fujisawa-Tokyo, the 6.08 or 6.24 Shink from Tokyo to Yuzawa (depending on which resort I'm going to), ride all day, onsen then get the shink back....again this depends on which resort and how the day has been. I usually book the shink home about 7.30pm.....finally get back to Fuj about 10pm. Its a long day, but well worth it.

not the weekend, but Monday or Tuesday...we haven't decided yet. Mate is driving and I'm using an SJ-won Ticket.....either Ishiuchi or Maiko. Trouble is Tuesday keeps on changing....at first it was cold, then warm and rainy, now warm and sunny.....which would be fine, boarding with shades on is much better than goggles!! I just don't want it to rain!! :grandpa:

think it will def be Tuesday.....I suggested Monday simply bcos yesterday the report said rain......I don't wanna go if its raining, BUT 1 of the guys can't go on Monday so it is almost 100% gonna be on Tuesday

:doh:

Well, if I get to Maruyama :lol:

My top tip for enjoying Maruyama is to use the left hand side of the mountain rather than the right hand side (from base).

It's a much smoother and quicker ride up in terms of lifts. Good courses too.

Should be decent tomorrow, esp. for late March.

Yes, your travel might drop you off at the main base on the right hand side (Chuo / Kanko) but I'm not keen on the Chuo bottom area and the lift connections aren't the best. The lifts on the Hatsukaishi bit are a better ride up.

Tubby - tel box pic if you can, you'll go right past!