16 year old Shawn White will be at the Toyota Big Air comp in Sapporo on 22 Feburary. It will be shown on TV at Midnite on the 23rd.

Shawn just swept the Super Pipe and Slopestyle Gold Medals at the X-Games. He looked awesome - really poised for being only 16.

Wish I could go watch - Toyo Big Air promises to be a good time...

"Good" would be an understatement, so I guess "or Something" is what he's classified as.

He is the best snowboarder on the planet right now.

If you're like trying or watching incredible tricks on boards, going to see him while he's at Sapporro would be a good thing. Its not often people get to see "the best of the best" in person.

At any rate - if you're not interested, its cool - I just wanted to let everyone who is interested know whats coming...

In recent pics it looks like he's hit the growth spurt. I don't know how it'll affect his spins, but it's going to give him a lot more power.

I used to be a football goalkeeper when I was a kid, but when everyone hit puberty the shots started coming in at what felt like five times the speed. At point blank range, you invariably stop a few with your face, stomach, groin etc., and it stopped being fun.

In the interview I watched last night, he started snow boarding at age 6. He also skates and is very good at that too but doesn't compete in skate. A few pro skaters are worried he'll commit more time to to skating but he said Snowboarding is his passion...