I love it when I see young kids on the slopes.

The kids in their Milo vests make me smile, but the little pocket rockets who can really ride warm my heart even more.

I know some members here are the proud parents of some amazing kiddo's - so feel free to add their pics and vid's into this thread.

A gathering of 'kid stoke' if you will.

Last night my son showed me the following YouTube Videos of his classmate and friend, Miguel, and Miguel's younger brother Nico.

We haven't yet crossed paths on snow, but I would jump at the opportunity, as I know my boy would! They are good people.

The boys missed a big chunk of school during our winter last year to go back home to NZ and train, and by the looks of things, they trained hard!

I hope you enjoy and smile as much as I did watching these clips.

Miguel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzVuZyrXSC0

Nico

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HFFe1gn7gM&feature=related

• Like 1

Funny you should ask that Rach.

umm.. nothing is booked yet, but the travel agent is working on the flights as we speak...

Hopefully I will be on the plane a week Saturday :D

We have checked out accommodation and seems there are quite a few options available. Flights is the tricky thing now that Qantas have taken away the direct Perth to Tokyo overnighter. I just don't want to have to stop twice! Especially as we are coming for just a week - that is time wasted in airports that I could be boarding JaPow!

The older lads will stay for a month, and the 'instructor son' will go press the flesh regarding work for next season.

So we are obviously heading to Niseko for that reason...otherwise I would probably have tried somewhere new.

PB has some staffing issues at work so may not come with us, but come for the last few days.

This is the only window of opportunity to take the family - and we have to pull the little ones from 4 days of school to make it happen.

:shifty: We have our priorities in order ;)

I'm stoked, too. My daughter is in Ballet, Hula dance, hip- hop, and piano and while I am extremely proud of her a small part of me was so envious of my friend who has his kids in BMX and other "guy" stuff. Just this year it seems my daughter can't get enough of skiing which is so cool and exciting for me. I can even use it as leverage....."No skiing this weekend if you're homework isn't done"..... :lol:

Haha...like my friend...3 boys. What kills me is the money I have to shell out for all the dance stuff. It isn't trivial either..with lessons and outfits and traveling to shows....damn!! Next, she's going to modeling school..

I should just change my user name to..... Sad-Deep-Pockets.. :doh:

I'll join you in that.

Last year we had to travel for 2 club national champs (4 xperth-canberra/4 xperth-melbourne), a training trip to Korea (x1pax thank god), and a local training trip with the Koreans (4hr drive) on top of uniforms (that would be 3 different types of team bathers and kit - club, national league club, and school) and training/club fees.

Not to mention I think we single handedly keep the Powerade company afloat.

Worse this year - #3 son just got selected for 'State Schoolboys'. :violin:

There's another week long trip to Canberra.

Speedo's might look small, hence cheap. They are not.

Mamabear we flew bris-korea-sapporo.it was a really good flight. they put us up in the hyatt and transfured our gear thru it was quite easy and alot more leg room.Dont know if they fly out of perth though.just a thought.

Mamabear we flew bris-korea-sapporo.it was a really good flight. they put us up in the hyatt and transfured our gear thru it was quite easy and alot more leg room.Dont know if they fly out of perth though.just a thought.
Thanks Roscoe.

Nah..that trip is not accessible on the West Coast.

I ended up having to book (qantas) PER-SYD. SYD-NRT. NRT-CTS. Seems so illogical, but thats the best I could do.

The more direct Cathay Flight was more than twice the price, and didn't actually save me any time due to a long layover in SIngapore.

I wish they brought back the PER-NRT flight, but with the shakedown of Qantas and build up of JetStar I reckon that route is gone forever.

Thanks Roscoe.

Nah..that trip is not accessible on the West Coast.just

I ended up having to book (qantas) PER-SYD. SYD-NRT. NRT-CTS. Seems so illogical, but thats the best I could do.

The more direct Cathay Flight was more than twice the price, and didn't actually save me any time due to a long layover in SIngapore.

I wish they brought back the PER-NRT flight, but with the shakedown of Qantas and build up of JetStar I reckon that route is gone forever.

I'm sure it will be worth it I can not belive how much it snowed while we where there.think it only stopped for 4 hour's on two day's my son's loved it best place so far. The youngest one who doe's not like Japanese food was over joyed I'm still trying to sort that problem out.Trip report comming soon just trying to sort work out first. have agreat trip I'm going to check my lotto ticket and if lucky will be back there. :)

Thanks Roscoe.

Nah..that trip is not accessible on the West Coast.

Hi MB

I did the Per-Syd-Nar-Cht with Qantas then Nar-Hkg-Per Cathay then Quantas Cathay was bad the worst meal I have ever had on a plane (and I generally like plane food)

Yeah I wish the direct flight was back we have to find a way to reinstate it.

What sport do the boys do you mentioned speedo's.

Seemore

Hi MB

I did the Per-Syd-Nar-Cht with Qantas then Nar-Hkg-Per Cathay then Quantas Cathay was bad the worst meal I have ever had on a plane (and I generally like plane food)

Yeah I wish the direct flight was back we have to find a way to reinstate it.

What sport do the boys do you mentioned speedo's.

Seemore

Hey Seemore!

I might have dodged a bullet then huh?...I was hoping to go Cathay.

Seems so stupid to fly to Sydney to get to Tokyo, but thems the breaks.

Never gonna get that flight back I am afraid. :(

Qantas is downscaling. Only hope is if JetStar decide to pick it up, and I think that is unlikely.

Ha ha surprised you had not picked up on that before, I can be a bit of the 'proud Mama' and talk too much about it.

They play Water Polo.

(their winter sport is Rugby Union, but #3 son won't be playing for club this year due to school PSA competition clashing, but may not have done anyway because his Water Polo is year round now.