Let me introduce you to Fattwins and Captains Stag.(both very active in this forum) They are both qualified and very good coaches. You may want to hook up with them.

Before I met them, I had quite a few lessons with some Japanese instructors. Their English was quite good. Two of them happened to be gorgeous J-Gals...lucky me!

However, I have heard several friends complain that their J-coaches were not too good, mainly because of the language barrier. So it's really the luck of the draw...no guarantees.

Hey Markie I havent said hi in a while my bad.

Read about your adventures though. Now that I lost the net at work i just do it from home. Cant really do it in hakuba. Also Evergreen outdoor center can help you.

Hey, Fatts! How goes it?

I am probably going to hit Hokkaido this Easter so I'll miss you and the gang. But I'll probably be back next year.

Maybe you can visit me in HK sometime. I have just bought an incredible pad. Big...two floors + roof + basement carpark for 2 cars! That set me back a lot but it's like living in a 5-star hotel!

You can ask them or make them an offer.

I paid Fatts for coaching a group of my friends. We agreed on an amount which we both thought was reasonable and my friends told me they thought it was very worthwhile and had a great time.

Quote:
Originally posted by Markie:
Hey, Fatts! How goes it?
I am probably going to hit Hokkaido this Easter so I'll miss you and the gang. But I'll probably be back next year.
Maybe you can visit me in HK sometime. I have just bought an incredible pad. Big...two floors + roof + basement carpark for 2 cars! That set me back a lot but it's like living in a 5-star hotel!
Markie, Ill come! Im hoping on doing a SE asia tour this summer: China, HK, Thai, Vietnam and then over to India and maybe Nepal. How about a crazy gaijin to chill with! cool.gif \:D

Hoping to start Chinese lessons soon. Then, you can teach me how to nampa chinese style mate! clap.gif clap.gif \:D

Markie, am coming over to HK on the 18th March for the Rugby 7`s. Am trying to find info on tickets at the mo, don`t suppose you have any knowledge of price, and where I can get them do you? Am running into a few dead ends at the mo. Also hit me up wiht details of good spots for some cheeky night time action!! Cheers

Yama, if you come to HK, you can certainly stay at my place and save the hotel bills. I will still be living in my present place for quite some time (not quitting my job yet, sunrise. In fact, the new place set me back quite a bit. In Yen terms its 9 figures! So that will delay my retirement plans a bit) My present place is in town and my new place is in a nice quiet remote area (they actually do exist in HK) with a lovely ocean view. You can stay at either or both. As for nampa, it won't take a genuious to guess that my skills at that are not too good. You could teach me something.

Farquah, rugby sevens! I'll ask around a bit and see what I can come up with and get back to you. Feel free to drop me a line while you are here.

I am not really a night-action type of guy so I won't be much help there, sorry!

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
Markie doesnt work; dont let him fool you!! :p
I guess you're right. My skis don't work, my computer doesn't work, my car does work and Markie doesn't work!

Sorry to hijack this thread, Too Orangey....

Farquah, about the Rugby 7's, I've asked around and drawn a blank. They were officially sold out some time ago and only ticket touts, certain sports clubs and travel agents with block bookings may still have some available, but you need the right connections. Doesn't look promising from my end.

Bugger!! Cheers for having a nosey around for us, much appreciated. Was thinking it may come down to batering with the local "friendly" touts!!

Mate will drop you a pm before head out and try and hook up for a cold one if your keen over that weekend.

Cheers again mate, and apologies for hijacking thread!!