Hey guys,

Thought I would post a little video of some of the highlights from my last trip. I actually had an insane amount of footage but decided to just make this a short one.

Unfortunately, we were suffering through a prolonged lack of snow at the time which put everyone on edge and caused lots of bickering but I hope you can see past that and that it's not too boring for you ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSWWUfu5gJA

Looks great! I was actually thinking of using that same song for a video myself!

Unfortunately my video footage from my Kagura trip yesterday turned out to be a bit of a disaster - I put the camera on my chest but didnt angle it up enough so just ended up with loads of footage of my skis!! Hope to have enough to put together a little slo-mo vid...

Sweet video BM!!! Were the early parts shot in the trees accessed from the top gate?

Thanks dude! The early parts are actually a bit of a secret... an area that usually stays untouched. I'll take you there sometime if you want to meet up. Just be warned it's steep, deep and heavily treed. Not for the faint of heart ;)

Nice.

I don't know the area well but why does Cortina seem to get so much more than the main Hakuba resorts so often.

For example today Goryu/47 are 5-10cm while Cortina on 40cm?

I guess the snow clouds quickly dissipate as they move over the mountains and dump their moisture - Cortina is that little bit nearer the sea where the snow clouds come from and has fewer big mountains in the line from the sea to the resort than does Goryu/47 so it gets much more snow - this is especially the case at times like now when the systems bringing the snow are not particularly active - just dont have the power to get over those big mountains. If you look at a weather radar animation, you can often see the effect.