• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pffft. I might go and hike naked, that's how gnarly I am.

Yeah I thought about heading there during a weekday to check it out, since it's only about a 2 hour drive. Just didn't know if it would be a waste, or there is something better just as close?

It's tough for me to make the early Shinkansen, living all the way near Fussa. I would like to try it though, seems cool...but I have a car so seems like a waste, lol. Love the idea though :)

If you can make it from Fussa to Yuzawa in 2 hours, I want to go in your car!!!

What time do you leave?

I made it to Naeba today in about 2 1/2 hours, but i slowed down after the nagano/niigata split on the expressway. So maybe could have gotten here faster, no traffic today.

Generally we leave at 330 am to get to places like nozawa, shiga, myoko, etc. We want to beat the tokyo traffic (everyone leaving tokyo for the weekend) and also i tend to haul ass.

It was just for the day, we mainly went up there to visit with the wife's friend.

Yeah, 330 is early but we've left later than that....maybe it was 430 or 5 (?) and we hit traffic. Not sure if its every day, but don't want to take the chance, lol.

for me the big problem is Tokyo itself.....whether weekend or not you'd be surprised at how much traffic is on the road at 4.30-5 in the morning!!! Usually if we are driving, we leave at 4.30am sharp and hope to get good traffic thru Tokyo....once past nerima and onto the expressway, its usually ok.........coming home on the Kan-Etsu can be another thing altogether!!

for me the big problem is Tokyo itself.....whether weekend or not you'd be surprised at how much traffic is on the road at 4.30-5 in the morning!!! Usually if we are driving, we leave at 4.30am sharp and hope to get good traffic thru Tokyo....once past nerima and onto the expressway, its usually ok.........coming home on the Kan-Etsu can be another thing altogether!!

Depends on when you leave your resort, we try to leave about 30 minutes to even 1 hour before the lifts close. We can get back just in time before traffic starts picking up. Then again, I'm getting off at Iruma, not IN tokyo, which I'm sure is way more traffic.

yeah definitely!! Usually we make the mistake of riding to the death :D 2 seasons ago we drove the short hop up to Gunma for the day and decided to take a leisurely onsen in Minakami before coming home.......BIG mistake!! Huge tailbacks meant that we were still on the expressway outside of Tokyo at 1am!! We decided to wait it out in the car park of the IC stops and sleep for an hour or so before getting back onto the road. we didn't get back to kanagawa till near 4am!! That was a 24hr trip to go riding in Gunma!! :omg: Strangely enough I came down with a mystery illness that stopped me going to work at 8am the next day :D

Depends on when you leave your resort, we try to leave about 30 minutes to even 1 hour before the lifts close. We can get back just in time before traffic starts picking up. Then again, I'm getting off at Iruma, not IN tokyo, which I'm sure is way more traffic.

Last season, most of the traffic was in the Saitama area...