Haneda vs Tokyo? is Haneda worth it?

as mentioned in another thread, I'll be visiting Tokyo next year, however is flying into Haneda worth it?

I usually fly into Narita and take the Narita Express into Tokyo

but nowadays there's more international flights into Haneda which is ALOT closer.

the problem is it seems that almost every flight I find, comes in the late night (around 10pm-ish)!

and I assume most of the trains are running on their last trip for the day, and also generally way beyond check-in time for many hotels..

so i guess a Haneda arrival requires an overnight sleep at the airport?

The flights through Haneda tend to be cheaper because many are in the undesirable late night/early morning slots. When arriving you can usually make it into town, with the last train to Tokyo station leaving just after midnight, but early departures usually require catching the last train out, which reaches Haneda around 0100. The international terminal is fairly comfortable at night, with padded chairs and a 24 hour coffee shop.

If you can't stand sleeping in the airport, the airport hotels are a little more expensive than the cheaper places in town, but when you balance the savings on the airfare, it might still end up cheaper. You might also find a cheap hotel in Kamata, which is the closest main centre to Haneda, and get them to book a taxi, which shouldn't be more than 2000 yen.

I live on the Haneda side of town, and use it much more than Narita. The check-in is much quicker and the security lines for the late/early flights are always short.

I think you should be able to get a train to anywhere in Tokyo if your plane lands at 10, you are not delayed and you get through customs and baggage collection in normal time. Most trains in Tokyo are running at least until midnight. As for checking into hotels - surely you could just tell them that you dont expect to arrive until late?

• 4 weeks later...

There are buses going into town from Haneda to say Shibuya for 1000 yen. I think it goes up to 2000 after midnight but you do not have to sleep at the airport unless you want to

+1 on the above comments - you shouldn't have to stay at the airport unless you're flight's delayed. Haneda is generally much more convenient than Narita if you're coming into Tokyo or the Kanagawa side of Tokyo, ie Kawasaki or Yokohama.

• 6 months later...

I think you should be able to get a practice to anywhere in Seattle if your aircraft areas at ten, you are not delayed and you get through traditions and bags selection in regular time. Most teaches in Seattle are operating at least until delayed night. As for verifying into resorts - absolutely you could just tell them that you don't anticipate to appear until late.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I think you should be able to get a exercise to anywhere in Dallas if your planes places at ten, you are not delayed and you get through customs and baggage choice in frequent time. Most instructs in Dallas are managing at least until evening. As for confirming into hotels - definitely you could just tell them that you don't predict to appear until delayed.

• 2 months later...