So this is a little off-character, but a friend with kids was asking about resorts with magic carpets.

you know the conveyor belt thingys that you can stand on and they will take you up the hill ?

you know, for kids who are way beginners ?

has anyone been to a resort where they got 'em ?

Most of them are only in the kid's play area and are for sledding. They're generally pretty short. I think if it was learning to board or ski you'd soon be told to go and take your chances on the big slopes.

I rode a magic carpet at Shiga Kogen last week, but I don't think it was specifically for kids; it's main purpose was to get people up a small hill to a bridge leading to another area.

Pretty weird conveyor belt action.

Tood for newbies but as Ocean said usally quite short. Takasu's is too slow! The boarders now know that they can walk faster, than ride the damm thing. They have fun walking beside the thing joking with their friens on it. Did I mention that its enclosed?

They`ve got one up on top of Niseko Annupri. It caught my experienced boarding friend and I by surprise and we thought we were both gonna fall flat on our asses the first time we got on it. I never got comfortable with it. It`s kinda freaky if you ask me...