Hey

Just recently moved to Kansai from Tokyo and I need to pick up a couple of pieces of gear for the season.

I'm going to be heading into the backcountry with some friends this season. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good shops in the Kansai area?

I need some new snowboard boots and wear. I got a new Rad-Air Tanker 187 that I cannot wait to take into some deep pow.

Thanks much appreciated.

sorry no info on shops but I googled your Rad-Air Tanker 187 - wow! Seems like you've got the Rolls Royce of snowboards there. I wonder what 187cms is like on a groomer. Hope you find some champagne powder for you deluxe tank.

Yeah the board is sick and I got a killer deal on it. I was lucky enough to meet the president of rad-air last season, I know some guys who ride tankers here and I got a good hook up on a like new demo board. The 187 actually handles great on groomed snow. Fast as hell and very smooth. I've also ridden their 2m tanker.

Wow - 187 that's long. The only powder board I have ridden was much shorter than standard - it was a 158 - with a really short back and massive nose. It rode really well. What is the thinking behind going for a longer board?

I've got a Jones 160 Hovercraft on order, which is much shorter than the 165-168 that I usually ride. According to the specs it should handle a bigger guy like me. I'll report back once I've gotten it onto some proper powder.

• 1 month later...

Have you tried Sportaka in Osaka? They have some gear. Otherwise wait for Snow Town at Kyocera Dome to start again.

hmm i might need some gear. any directions to those places. I have one day for shopping..

Have you tried Sportaka in Osaka? They have some gear. Otherwise wait for Snow Town at Kyocera Dome to start again.

hmm i might need some gear. any directions to those places. I have one day for shopping..

I found this thread about snow town and Kyocera Dome is accessable from a few different stations so would depend where you are coming from http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/19615-snow-town-kyocera-osaka-dome-buy-gear-in-kansai/

Spotaka is in Dotonburi near Namba and really close to the big Glico guy. Let me know if you need more specific details.