One of the big differences I see on the field with kids who cross over between the sports is that the Leaguies tend to hit with the shoulder and no arms, whereas in Union all tackles need arms involved - shoulder charges are a no-no.

I know exactly what you mean MB. Kids get penalized for it in union too.

We teach the kids to use a combination of shoulders and arms.

Some of our best tacklers are the smallest kids. It's all about technique.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because no one knows which God it is....is it the Catholic God or the Proddy God? If its the wrong God, then I fear nobody would be able to save her

Too many scrum and ruck infringements on the Aussies part.

Just goes to show that the rugby world ranking system doesn't count for much when it comes to world cup. The Wallabies are certainly not looking like the Number 2 side at the moment.

I thought it was a dull tryless game myself. The Irish fans didn't though, they were going nuts.

I thought it was a dull tryless game myself. The Irish fans didn't though, they were going nuts.

Trolling again I see?

Why does a game need to have tries?

New Zealand scored how many against Japan? That was one boring game though.

Yep that was a boring game too. I agree.

By saying "I thought it was" is expressing an opinion.

Saying " league is a shit game too" that's trolling.

I don't know what your problem is mate but I'm not here to entertain you.

Yep that was a boring game too. I agree.

By saying "I thought it was" is expressing an opinion.

Saying " league is a shit game too" that's trolling.

I don't know what your problem is mate but I'm not here to entertain you.

Cool - but we know your opinion of non-Southern hemisphere rugby.

My problem lays with the perception from southern hemisphere bias, whereby if tries aren't being scored, the game is being destroyed, as evidenced by the numerous NZ commentators I have been "forced" to listen to so far throughout the tournament. (forced as J-sports are using the domestic feed). The "slow boring parts" as mentioned by you on the previous page, is also indicative of the fallacies of the southern hemisphere game, e.g. South Africa vs Wales, Australia vs Italy at the breakdowns. Until the southern hemisphere teams start to manage their scrums and rucks better, then they will keep getting exposed at the break downs.

Please tell us a game you have enjoyed so far in the world cup then...

• 2 weeks later...

Australia 68 Russia 22.

The Wallabies let in 3 trys to the Russian amateurs.

I'm starting to enjoy these big wins over the rugby minnows because I think they win be the only wins I'll get to see in this world cup. :sadface:

If the team scores 4 tries or more, then they get a bonus point regardless if they win, draw or lose.

It is supposed to be an incentive to encourage more open play as introduced by the New Zealanders as they were bored of getting thumped by the kicking game. ;)

Tubby, they get table points.

• 4 points for a win.
  • 2 points for a draw.
  • 1 "bonus" point for scoring 4 tries (or more).
  • 1 "bonus" point for losing by 7 points (or fewer).

It was indeed introduced by the Kiwis into their domestic competition in the ninties to encourage a more attacking type of game.

The Kiwis have won 27 of the last 34 games against England in the last 100 years. Pretty obvious who's been getting a thumping. ;) </p>

Why aren't the scots singing their national anthem " god save the queen"?

Because no one knows which God it is....is it the Catholic God or the Proddy God? If its the wrong God, then I fear nobody would be able to save her

• Like 1

If the aussies beat the kiwis i am coming back to oz... life will become unbearable over here in sheep shagger land.

kiwis take it all way too seriously. they are nazis in their utter belief in their ubermensch supermen of rugby arrogance.