• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Zer0star
Thought Burrows wouldn't even be playing this match.

Chara seems like a bit of a liability out there sometimes..

6'9" makes him a bit of an awk as he always looks like he's sitting on his heels. Terrible passing, too. They need him to do what he's good at..shoot from the point.

just read this about the key facts and figures from game 3 on nhl.com

1 -- Hits credited to Thomas, the first by a goaltender since San Jose's Evgeni Nabokov in 2007. Manny Legace in 2006 is the only other goaltender in the last five years to be credited with a hit.

awesome!

He means a body check. Hitting someone. Sadly, I couldn't watch the game today but it looks like a super dirty game with 20 penalties in the 3rd period alone. Most of them fighting and misconduct penalties... game 4 should be an interesting match.

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
He means a body check. Hitting someone. Sadly, I couldn't watch the game today but it looks like a super dirty game with 20 penalties in the 3rd period alone. Most of them fighting and misconduct penalties... game 4 should be an interesting match.

It wasn't so bad. There weren't many cheap shots. The only bad hit was when Rome hit Horton and intentionally went to injure him. That was pretty messed up. Makes me wonder if anything was planned since they sent a shitty player like Rome to hit an actual good player.

In fact Vancouver has shown terrible, terrible class this whole series. Biting people...seriously? I went from being neutral to the Canucks to losing most respect I had for them.

Did anyone see Thomas' hit? It was more or a push but he smashed H.Sedin. Half a second later and Sedin would have had control of the puck and it would have been in the goal. Was a risky hit but he timed it perfect!

another convincing win to Boston. This is turning into a great series.

Nice slash by Thomas at the end too! Will be interesting to see if the Canucks start Luongo in the next game. As a neutral fan it's hard to not go for Boston.

I think this one is going to go to 7 games. Luongo will start he has to really. He played a great game 1 and 2. He played great in the San Jose. He also played fine against Nashville. Game 3 was hardly his fault the team just forgot how to play hockey. The second period was awful. He should have allowed himself to be pulled though just for protection so late in a lost game. Vancouver needs to win the next game if they do this series should go to 7 games!

Originally Posted By: Zer0star
another convincing win to Boston. This is turning into a great series.
Nice slash by Thomas at the end too! Will be interesting to see if the Canucks start Luongo in the next game. As a neutral fan it's hard to not go for Boston.

That slash by Thomas was directly a result of Burrows slashing Thomas' stick out of his hand just seconds before. Vancouver and Burrows really showing the class!

Awesome series and I'm glad the Garden is eating the Canucks alive. I wish I could be back home to see game 6 smile

All this whining... hockey is a rough sport. Suck it up. Vancouver is the better team on paper... it has nothing to do with the refs. They finished first place in the league for a reason. A best of 7 series ensures that a bad call or two won't effect the outcome. Anyone who believes otherwise is pretty foolish. Anyway, its a pretty typical reaction for 'mericans to try and blame everything but themselves when something goes wrong. stir