Hi,

with this post i would like to share my splitboard-hike of 10-04-2011 to the beautifoul Monterosa - Alagna - Piemonte (Italy).

Our goal was "Colle del Lys (4200mt)" but we've time trouble at the start of the day and we've arrived a bit under, at "Colle Vincent (4050mt)".

We've start from alagna, take three gondola-funifor until "Indren Glacier".

Beautifoul weather, no clouds!!! Me and my girlfriend have dress our splitboard and other 4 friends their skis. Let's start!!!

This photo is of "Grifetti groove", many people in climbig! the final piece is very steep (40 and 45°).

1.png

We decide to take on his left (normal route Gnifetti) a cross, after about twenty minutes we put boards and skis on the backpack and climb over the first rocks with the help of a rope that is already present, and then go on another long crosswalk , climbing over some other rocks.

In this cross-walk both were insured with a rope on harness.

After the traverse we made ​​a small and simple climbing that has led us to the shelter Mantova.

In the firs pic my friend Luca, after a pictuer of mine, and the last was the terrace of Mantova refuge.

2.png

3.png

4.png

From here we hike to a beautiful valley and on the left we've find refuge Gnifetti (3647mt), and in front of us the beautifoul show

5.png

We continued (on the left of the photo above) on this "hill", whose summit was our goal

6.png

Here are just below our goal (my and my girlfriend), with the "Piramide Vincend (4215mt) behind us.

7.png

8.png

9.png

and this fantastic seracs

10.png

At about 14:10 we assemble the splitboard drop back down to the Mantova

11.png

in the company of some crevice friends, but in this period are really few and easy to see

12.png

We had to make a hideous cross to bring us back to the first valley and arrive intime to take the last cablecar that bring us back in the country.

Below some pictures of the rocky passages:

13.png

14.png

This is some panorama shoots:

p1.png

p2.png

p3.png

Back in town we enjoyed our sandwich and go to home to have a big rest: D

Happy FeeRide to all!!!

see this! this is the reason i will never be jeremy jones. Never ever. What a lot of work this backcountry stuff is smile Good job dude, but if i saw any avi activity within a million miles of me, im going home razz i dont care if its on a completely different face or if its got a stack of rocks surrounding it causing heat to build up meaning completely differnet features... "screw you guys, im going n'yurm!"

Still looks fun though! good job! smile

Thank's mulkabochi:D

There was a spring snow and some hundred of people hike the mountain, the great think is hiking and climbing, nothing special the descend.

But in winter the terrain is really steep, many drop and open space.

In niseko... well the snow i've find in niseko i've not found in any other place on the earth... and for that reason the next winter i'll be again in niseko!!!

The next goal is "Capanna Margherita", on the same place but at 4550 mt!

I think in the next week i'll able to post this new report:D

Originally Posted By: ippy
see this! this is the reason i will never be jeremy jones. Never ever. What a lot of work this backcountry stuff is smile Good job dude, but if i saw any avi activity within a million miles of me, im going home razz i dont care if its on a completely different face or if its got a stack of rocks surrounding it causing heat to build up meaning completely differnet features... "screw you guys, im going n'yurm!"

Still looks fun though! good job! smile

biggrin that weekend was quite shure, they've make some controlled avalanche and there not too much avi risk (in evey case i've with me probe, shovel, ortovox, rope and ax).
And with us there was a great friend-gui that show us dangers and where to pass.
If you love the mountain is a great experience:D
  • 2 months later...