Went to Hokkaido last week, Mar 17 -21, and had a great time as usual.

I was getting stressed just sitting around my Tokyo flat, so with work shut I headed north for 5 days.

The first day was icy hard pack, and not much fun.

That evening with a lot of snow falling, the lodge owner offered the guests a free trip (only paying for gas and drivers lift pass) to another ski area for the next day. The lodge awoke in anticipation of some nice powder turns.

It was great to have an opportunity to ski some great powder with Mitch.

The next day was a trip to Teine. While there was no fresh powder, I could see it's fantastic potential. The last 2 days returned to the usual spring conditions of morning ice turning quickly to slush.

I just wish I could have stayed a bit longer because after the powder day I'm not ready for the season to be over.

clap Nice!!!! Watching that makes me wanna get out again....maybe Monday or Tuesday I'll head up.

That gondola is low eh? I've never seen one so close to the ground before

some resorts just have a very relaxed rope ducking policy,

but people ducking should pay even greater attention to where they are going/stopping wink

Nice vid Sand and sorry we didn't get to meet up during your stay!

There's a similar low-flying gondola section if you duck the ropes in Kitanomine, Furano!! Have often thought would happen if you timed it wrong and your vid illustrates the point perfectly!

Thanks Mick, hope your still enjoying your time.

Also sorry we didn't get to meet up, checking messages too late.

About the gondola, I'm sure the damage could be pretty terrible if hit in the head for sure.

Another good reason to wear a helmet!!

You might not want to hear this but we've had fresh snow for 3 mornings in a row. Looks like you had fun in any event.

Sounds superb, especially with lack of crowds. Would love to be there still. If you can't do a road trip, at least the snow on the mountains is all good!