I was surprised too. It was just a 3-4 minute walk from the Zao Sanrokusen Ropeway. Across the street from the ropeway there is an intersection, and the parking lot was behind the first or second building from the corner. If that had been full, I later saw that the parking lot below the Astrea Hotel adjoining the Yokokura gelaende still had space in it, as did the Kurohime parking lot. The Oomori parking lot was also advertising space available when I went past it on the way in. No idea what the situation was like over on the Chuo/Uwanodai side.

I parked on that car park close to the Astraea (sp?) hotel on my first day - it was great. I literally only had to walk 10m, put my skis on and then skied down to the ticket office by that bottom pair lift. Didn't even take my skis off! There were only 5 other cars on the car park when I got there about 10am and not many more there when I left that car park just before 4pm. (I drove back down to the small Ropeway car park ready to go up for the sunset). Couldn't have been less effort, highly recommended.

2nd day I drove up to Kurohima to take advantage of the quad. Those quads were Fast!!

Heh, you may recognize it as the "dinosaur" juhyou from the cheese thread. Walrus works too. Seemed a fitting avatar for a metabo oyaji.

The Kurohime quads are fast, aren't they? Thanks again for the tip, ILoveZao!