Yesterday I spent most of the day at Akakura Kanko in Myoko.

It's on the main Myoko mountain, on the right hand side.

Click to reveal..
This is muika's photo, Akakura is on the right hand side of this photo he conveniently took the day before me. Not the very far right bit, as that is Akakura Onsen, but it's the left hand side of the right hand side resort. Complicated hey?

muikabochi_2861.JPG

Weather - great, too warm!

Snow - pretty great considering it was so warm. Lots of untracked places to play and some great trees.

Crowds - none at all, but lots of schools out though it seems

Fun - oh yeah.

Just some photos, most taken from the gondola so nothing special!

iiyamadude_146.JPG

iiyamadude_145.JPG

iiyamadude_144.JPG

iiyamadude_143.JPG

iiyamadude_142.JPG

iiyamadude_141.JPG

iiyamadude_140.JPG

iiyamadude_139.JPG

iiyamadude_138.JPG

iiyamadude_136.JPG

iiyamadude_134.JPG

iiyamadude_131.JPG

iiyamadude_129.JPG

iiyamadude_128.JPG

iiyamadude_127.JPG

iiyamadude_126.JPG

iiyamadude_125.JPG

I like both iiyamadude's and muikabochi's pics. May have to make the trek to that region next season, after the Kita Kanto expressway link between the Tohoku and the Kan-Etsu is finished.

Jynxx: the gondola seems to be the same type as used at Gran Deco. Cute from the outside, but kind of cramped inside. The benches are on the inside facing out, rather than on the outside facing in. I guess it gives more privacy if riding with strangers, though I kind of like the opportunity to strike up a conversation with new folks on the lift. (As the kid says, "Papa made another friend!")

Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji
I like both iiyamadude's and muikabochi's pics. May have to make the trek to that region next season, after the Kita Kanto expressway link between the Tohoku and the Kan-Etsu is finished.

Really they are linking that up? Excellent, I didn't know.
That will make Nikko and that area much easier to get to in winter.
smile