Tokyo Gaijin guide to visiting cheap

Originally Posted By: SantaCruz
Mitch, how long you going to be in Tokyo?

Probably just a few days. My friend has an apartment there and I will stay with him and then hop a flight to Sapporo. Trying to travel all over Japan- Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Tokyo, etc when I leave Niseko in April or whenever I leave.

Planning on visiting?

Nice. Lodging in Japan is expensive so being able to stay with your friend will take a big chunk out of your expenses. Food and booze is comparable in price to the US. Maybe a little more expensive now if you're going with dollars since the exchange rate is so terrible.

I was hoping to head there this winter, but it's not likely given the exchange rate. Still an off chance I might go there in late winter or early spring to see a friend, but no riding unfortunately.

You'll have a blast, it's a great country.

Originally Posted By: SantaCruz
Nice. Lodging in Japan is expensive so being able to stay with your friend will take a big chunk out of your expenses. Food and booze is comparable in price to the US. Maybe a little more expensive now if you're going with dollars since the exchange rate is so terrible.
I was hoping to head there this winter, but it's not likely given the exchange rate. Still an off chance I might go there in late winter or early spring to see a friend, but no riding unfortunately.

You'll have a blast, it's a great country.

Alright man, as always let me know if you're going to head there or to Utah before December or so. We are getting good snow now! Definitely worth it if you have the itch to ski. May be able to hook up some passes too.
  • 1 year later...