I might have to follow your lead and give it a go afterall, especially if there's a chance of a good curry! & I don't think it'll be much worse than most of the resorts in South Korea, where you're fenced in and have to take your chances with the masses!

1,000 m long. Longer than any of the other pre-season options that I know of, though also thinner, as noted.

By the way, according to their blog, the rain of the last couple of days has made the course even thinner, and the snow around the lift has melted, so that one has to take off one's skis/board to ride the lifts now. (On Saturday, the quad was ski-on/ski-off, but the pair was walk-on/walk-off.)

Not looking to good for tomorrow, either. They canceled their nighter today, and ended the day session early, at 3:00. Tomorrow's schedule and plans are undecided, they write.

If you are still planning to head there tomorrow, probably a good idea to check their home page before heading out to make sure what's happening.

Yeah, I checked out the website earlier, though the weather forecast is saying it'll be dry tomorrow, so I might still give it a go. It's probably not worth the effort but I have a day off work and I'm desperate to give my Machete (and legs) a workout!!

Yeah, made it there before the typhoon!! Pics to follow if I can work out how to upload them! It was much as described though not that busy, even with just the quad chair working. Actually had a good time - I think because I had such low expectations. Fuji-san even put in a brief appearance so can't complain!

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi Mick Rich

Great to see some photos like that, it sure beats being behind a computer!

thumbsup

Perhaps this is a good time to mention this, to you and other new members of the site

If it's ok with you, would you please consider uploading your pics to SnowJapan? It's quite easy and one they are up there they are indexed within the site - and so when other people are looking for info and photos of Japan ski resorts, they show up all in the same place. So hopefully it's a good thing for everyone.

All you need to do is register here:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/register.php

Then login:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/login.php

Then go to the Upload page which is linked to on the right hand side of this page:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/photo_gallery_image_uploader.php

You can upload up to 5 at a time and the system does any resizing etc for you, so once you quickly get used to it, it is quite simple.

Even if you upload your pics to photobucket or some other service, would be great if you could upload here too to have them and share in the system.

We will be posting a Help thread on uploading photos soon.

Anyway, thank you very much and have a good winter.

smile

• SnowJapan Admin

Yes I saw that thank you Mick Rich. smile

You can also add them to the Forums if you want in the same way that you added the ones above. You just need to put  before the image URL and after it, or alternatively use the 'Enter an image' button image.gif in the Full Reply page.

Like I mentioned we will be making a new How to Upload Photos thread soon to try and make this as clear as possible.

Thanks again! thumbsup