Pete, if you can get people to listen to you and therefor make a difference out there, that´s Ace! I like people who gets the work done without credit but the reality is that you need credit to get the work done especially around dumb .. woops

Anyways, if your future and the people around you are gonna benefit as a result of you getting phD , go for it and goodonyamate.

Be careful out there ...

Thanks Jynxx Im actually the acting safety manager now at an underground mine here in China and must say its a challenge although we are part of a Canadian company which helps but have a LONG way to go. We are working hard and seeing results. There is certainly a wiliness by about 80% of the guys to change. I just want to learn more about how to drive that and achieve even better outcomes. In a single child environment, when we hurt or kill someone it has dire effects on the family unit. More so then other places.

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Jynxx good on ya mate for helping her achieve that goal!

Having already got Cert IV, Diploma, Bachelor and Masters the logical step for me is the Doctorate. I'm hoping to do some research on how to change the Chinese mining safety culture which should actually add some value to the planet, well at least this part of it. Safety in the work place is a passion of mine but with 2500+ deaths here last year in mining too many families are being destroyed through our demand for goods and services, an "interesting" regulatory environment and a lack of knowledge of basic safety and not the least a lack of empathy in what is a very dog eat dog drive for economic prosperity.

This is awesome. Pete, like you my interests subside in sustainable and safe economic development. Albeit I like to look at larger scale development if you guys need someone to tell you the economic implications of actions just let me know wink

By the way everyone in this thread is great. We should all just form our own company. Seems like everyone has an awesome skill they got from higher education.

The only awesome skills I gained from higher education was an ability to drink a lot of lager and an amzing in-depth knowledge of Richard & Judy! lol wink

lol

My secret passion was Ninja missions to peoples´ back yards.

I wonder if they´d ever noticed!?

I hope at least you carried a cone on your keyholder ...

I always had a blade to cut off al cans and hoses on me, but man they can taste bad!

yeah, TB

Never seen towers of stacked scooner glasses so high,

(counted 21, between 2 guys) and yet they can make it to maths exam and get distinction for results.

Another guy, a daily double dose of whiskey at 10:30. He was doing electrical engineering, applied physics double degree.

All bent.