I was up in Niseko in Feb and although it hadn't had the crazy snow that its famous for, fall while I was there (I did have top ups during the night), the snow was unbelievable and places such as the Strawberries area and out the gates was up to knee deep mentalness

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the lovely dude at furano got back to me with my silly questions. Heres what he said:

Quote:
There is no park at Furano. Tomamu has the best park and half pipe in Central hokkaido.

1.Can i use my season pass at kamui? need another ticket for Kamui.

2.Do you have an early bird season pass deal like at tomamu? No early bird season pass deal.There is a late one from Feb.

3.How do i get to Furano by bus from Chitose?Bus or Train

4.Is there an avalanche safety course like teh ones run at niseko?No avalanche safety course.

5. Hope the build up is getting you excited!!!Heaps excited, just waiting for that snow!

Thats a real killer about the park and pipe :( I was considering the whole go to tomamu thing every few days, but thats an extra ticket on top of my season ticket which i just dont really want to spend. 56,000 was about the same as my big4 pass for myoko. Dont really want to be buying massive tickets on top of that, especially since its four weeks (well, 3 weeks 5 days). Dang. Kinda blows eh. I wish the buggers just put up a park and this would be a done deal. :/

Hey dude who is answering my silly questions who i think might actually post on here (or at least lurk a bit :)), i cant see the prices on those 8 day tickets. whats the price? And over 3.5 weeks will it work out cheaper than shelling out for a season pass? It may take some of the pain away smile

Originally Posted By: ippy

Hey dude who is answering my silly questions who i think might actually post on here (or at least lurk a bit :)), i cant see the prices on those 8 day tickets. whats the price? And over 3.5 weeks will it work out cheaper than shelling out for a season pass?

Not sure if you're referring to me Ippy, but last year Alpine offered discount day passes and I worked out that if I bought a season pass for 56K (which I did) I'd break even after spending 17 days on the hill. It therefore all depends on how many other resorts you're planning to visit and whether you think your legs are up to riding every day wink

nah, its the dude from the tourist office. unless of course that is you... smile

Aside a couple of inevitable hangover days, i reckon ill make it this season. The annoying thing last season was that i found my legs about day 12 or 13 (a lot of my trip last year was spent travelling to resorts and on hangovers which is why im basing myself this season)... and about a day and half after finding them, it was just about time to come home. Not making that mistake again. smile

Mike, sell me on furano pretty please. I still really want to do furano and tomamu and kamui. For fun and diversity they might be collectively beating out niseko, but for price, niseko believe it or not, is kicking their ass.

I dont suppose you know how much those 8 day tickets are costing, ive looked everywhere and tried a load of different search terms, but cant find it... actually have i checked for it in japanese? I cant remember... smile 2 secs!

Will definitely be going back to Kamui again. I only went there once last season and although it hadn't snowed for a few days, still found some untouched powder biggrin

Shame there are no more meat pies to be had in Cafe 751 sadface

Originally Posted By: MagSeven
I'm going to be riding Kamui most of the winter (got an early bird pass yesterday - Y35000). Give me a shout if you're heading over that way.

i will probably be heading over that way a few times. will give you a yell.

cheers.