200 year old lives in Japan!

no, there have been a good few scandals here recently that people who are reputed to be alive are in actual fact dead and have been for a good few years, BUT their family has been happily collecting their old age benefit and pension since the day they died (without letting the government know of course)

They've realized recently that they lost track of several dozen old people over the years and they're trying to clean the books now. On TV they say that it's another symptom of social decline in the modern age. Could be true in some situations - like when someone is collecting benefits for their mummified granddad but a lot of these people are like 150, 200 years old, etc. They've been dead for decades, maybe during WW2, so it really doesn't have much to do with the modern age.

WOW!!

I recall when my Uncle died suddenly of a heart attack at only 46 the bank almost instantly froze all of the accounts. My Aunty did not work at the time, so she had no form of income of her own, and all of thier accounts were joint accounts, so she had absolutely no access to any money whatsoever until the estate was dealt with. And because he died suddenly, he had left no Will. It was a complete and utter shambles.

And she had a young teen son to raise - and help through the trauma of finding his father (and doing CPR for close to an hour before he was removed by the paramedics.).

If the bank knows and acts that fast, I guarantee you that our government would know tuit suite, and cut off benefits.

How is it that these people have got away with it?

And will they be made to pay it back?

They get away with it because they keep the rotting corpses in the closet, plastic bags, or in one case just left the corpse to rot away in bed. The number of people who engage in this kind of behaviour is shocking. How the hell could you live day to day knowing that grandpa is rotting away in the next room?

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
They get away with it because they keep the rotting corpses in the closet, plastic bags, or in one case just left the corpse to rot away in bed. The number of people who engage in this kind of behaviour is shocking. How the hell could you live day to day knowing that grandpa is rotting away in the next room?

I guess quite easy if he is still bringing in the money. wink

Oh my word. veryshocked

That is like something off Cold Case!

I can NOT imagine anyone being able to do that.

Although there is a current local story about a woman who has not been seen for 2 years, whose son over that time has been forging her signature to gain power of attorney over her accounts. They recently arrested him and charged him with her murder, and haven't yet found the woman.

Link to story